cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CK11N: Wrong Error Msg CK 229 (No routing could be found)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When I am running cost estimate for a material which is sub-contracted outside, system is giving error msg CK 229 that "NO Routing Could be found"... Since, this material is sub-contracted, it won't have any

routing

In OPR4_CK, CK 229 is defined as a error msg...

But earlier, we have released std cost estimates for many such sub- contracted materials and system never used to give us this msg

If I change CK 229 to warning, it will be problem because for Internally manufactured materials routing is MUST and system will just give a warning msg if no routing is found....

What we are expecting is the behaviour as before.. i.e. for sub- contracted materials, message CK 229 should not be issued as error msg.. But for non-sub contracted materials, it should be error msg

Regards

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay,

1.First ensure that sub-contracted material has got a valid sub-contracting info record maintained

through ME11 against a vendor.The sub-contracting charges will be maintyaine here.

2.Ensure the source list is maintained for material and vendor combination through ME01.

3.Ensure the costing variant used in CK11N has the proper priorities maintained for it,say for Eg PPC1

is used,check in OKKN for this costing variant it has proper priority say first may be for planned

price,second may be based on value in purchase info record.

4.Generally for a sub-contracted material the system sometimes shows error message as no souce list

exists,but routing will be created only for an In-house manufactured products with the procurement type

E.For a sub-conracted material check the procurement type is E and special procurement value is 30 in

MRP2 view of the material master.

Check and revert back.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mangal

Thanx a lot for your reply

All of these points were satisfied. The real issue was some thing else.. When procurement alternative was defined, at that time the Proc Type was E.. Later on, it was changed to F and 30

So, the system was still searching for routing.... I deleted the mix ratio and re maintained the proc alternative.. It got solved with this

But, one new thing i learned from you is ME01, which i was not aware of

Many Thanx

Ajay

Answers (0)