cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Distribution Context

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anyone give their perspective on the context field used on document distribution recipient lists? I understand it controls the basic items of Read Receipt, Dist Immediately, and Confirm Output, but I would like to know if anyone is using it for additional functionality.

I want to be able to search for groups of doc distributions for certain work groups or possible projects being worked at this work location. In standard search help for doc dist log, there does not seem to be anything that allows this sort of group search. The limitation I see with this is eliminating certain recipient lists that are not defined with this exact context.

Please give me some feedback.

Thanks,

Bill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill

Let me give you an example.

Whenever a Document is Released in design process it is sent to Particular Group of people such as Head Engineering, Procurement Departemnt, To Project Manger who is working on Project.

So whenever Document is released the Context is said to be Released for Project.

If New Version is Created the Context can be New Version.

SO its Basically tells the Document Receiver for what purpose this document is sent to him or what Latest information about document or Inform him latest progress on the document.

SO in my Project I used in following way.

I implemented this scenario for an Engineering and Construction company.

I created the Context AS Built Drawing and Created Receipent List which contained Names of Project Manager, HOD Design, Erection Engineer.I Assigned this Context to receipent List.

So whenever I choose this context the document was sent to these people only.

Hope I have answerd your question.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill

I agree with Mangesh. We typically use it in a fashion where the context indicates the context of the distribution and what is expected of the recipient.

I.e. if we are distributing a document for comments, we use a context FC (For Comments) and indicate in the distribution message what is required from the end user. If we are distributing for final release, we use a context FR (Final Release). This generally allow you to customise the message for the distribution to allow the recipient to understand what is expected of them for that distribution.

Regards,

Athol

Edited by: Athol Hill on Apr 16, 2009 1:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody

Just picked a 9 months old thread for my query.

I need to send across drawings/documents for approval by a particular section say civil department. Now I have created a context and gave it in recipient list.

Now when I am going into document distribution for a new document, Do I need to define a new recipient list for new document or can I just quote the context somewhere, and system will be able to determine recipients list in all new documents.

Regards

Raman

Answers (0)