and in ODS B we have following fields

6 2 7 8 9

i am expecting to have a view in my C ods like this when i combine both

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

but i am getting it as

1 2 3 4 5 in one row and the rest in the second row

the key fields in my C ods are

1 2 6 7

that is 1 2 from A and 67 from B. so can somebody guide me how to achieve this into

one record. without having in two records.

thanks and regards

neel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear Neel,

to have them in one row, you have to have one or more fields that have same definition (contains some values that same), these fields then use for 'join condition' of the view. in other words if 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all are different then you cannot achieve what you want.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P.

i have 2 which is having same value in both the ods as well as same definition.

so how can i achieve that as i am having some calculated figures in some infoobjects so that is the reason i want them in one ods and also reason for not going to multiprovider.

thanks and regards

neel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AVR

i am having some calculated figures in some infoobjects so that is the reason i want them in one ods and also reason for not going to multiprovider.

thanks and regards

neel

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Give 2 only as key and check if you can and revert back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

but i if i give 2 has key field then it will overwrite one record with another right.

and i have data fields which are having data values if it was amounts then i can keep addition mode which will total r adjust but how to go with data fields.

thanks

neel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neel,

Why cant you load directly into cube,,...?? directly from these ods's...?

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Srini,

the final destination is CUBE only but before that we wanted to have it in ODS and then move to CUBE.

eventhough if i get right result form cube i wanted to know whether it is feasible in ODS or not...so that i can use this for my future designs right.

thanks.

neel

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear Neel,

basically we need one or more field that exist in both ods A and B that can be used for matching, then when populate C ods from A or B ods (e.g from A ods), we then look up some keyfigures value from B using the matching field.

hope this helps.

nikhil_chowdhary2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neel,

Are you saying that ODS A has 1&2 as key fields and ODS B has 6&7 as the key fields? But the field that is matching in these two ODSs is only 2?

This will always give incorrect data since the joining condition is not right.

ODS A will have multiple records with the same value for field 2 and the same will be the case with ODS B. Do you really want an m:n join here?

Would it be possible to add field 1 to ODS B as well? in this case the join on these two fields will return a unique record from ODS A and thus give the right values.

Now you can create update rules only from ODS B to ODS C and in the update rules pick up matching records for fields 1 & 2 from ODS A.

Else you can also consider making an infoset fro the query on ODS A & B

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi A.H.P. & NIKHIL,

so u mean to say that if i just keep the key fields in ODS C as 2 only and create update rules from B and fill the other fields from A by using a look up in the B update rules.

will this fetch all the fields from both ods without the fear of getting overwritten.

is my understanding right. can i do it the other way round like write the update rules from A and fill the fields from B by using the routine. (is that what you r saying.)

i positively think that this possible. I will try this and get back to you.

thanks.

Neel.

nikhil_chowdhary2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neel,

No, just having 2 as key in ODS C will not work in any case. You will probably have multiple records with the same value for 2 in ODS A itself - all these will get overwritten.

What you need to do is to add both the key fields in any one of the first level ODS into the other first level ODS.

If you want to create update rules from ODS A then ensure that both the keys of this ODS (1 & 2) are also present in ODS B.

And if you want to create the update rules on ODS B then ensure that both the keys of this ODS (6 & 7) are also present in ODS A.

In the second level ODS you need to have four keys (1, 2, 6 & 7) in order to ensure that no records gets overwritten.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Nikhil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srini

Message was edited by: Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you make 1 2 6 7 as keys in the C ODS? Why don't you think of a multi-provider?