cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to load data in SRM70 with webdynpro for ABAP ?

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Webdynpro for abap is used in SRM70.

Connection is done through EP7.

I need to load data in SRM70 (masterdata...) from a flat file.

ECATT is not working with web dynpro for abap.

What other tools can i use to load data in SRM70 ? LSMW ?

I would like to avoid to create a Z program to load data into SRM70...

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Yann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Call transactions and other screen based inputs (like eCatt or even LSMW recordings) should no longer be used for data input or loading. Instead you should call BAPIs, IDocs, or Enterprise Services. I'm sure if the user interface has been rewritten in Web Dynpro that a model layer likely exposed as an Enterprise Service has been created for it. This is the service that you should call to load your data.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the information.

I was looking for a functional tool to upload data to avoid developing cost...

I am not aware of any enterprise service in SRM70 but i am not a technical consultant...

If someone can push me the information, that's will be great !

Kind regards,

Yann

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Well LSMW is the only tool we provide for mass data loads that a functional person could help with the mapping. However you need to choose the correct object to load with. I'm not SRM functional person, nor is this the correct forum to discuss SRM functional questions; so I couldn't tell you exactly which service to use or if there are direct load or BAPIs available. You will need someone with technical experience in this functional area to help you with those questions. You are well outside the scope of this forum however.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Sorry to be outside the scope of this forum

The reason is that SRM70 is currently in a ramp-up phase and even if i have posted in the SRM forum, i am pretty sure that i will not have any answers...

Thanks for your answers.

Kind regards,

Yann

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Ramp-Up projects are required to have SAP Consulting involved and onsite. That is part of the conditions of being allowed into the Ramp-Up program. I suggest that you tap into those resources to help you find the correct object to load the data with. Also I think it is probably unrealistic to expect that the data load can be acomplished by a functional person alone. You will likely need an ABAP programmer's assistance even when using LSMW and even if you already know the Serivce or BAPI name. Plus an ABAP developer could help to trace or look into the code of the WDA frontend and determine the underlying service calls.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Yes but developments involve extra costs...

I wanted to know if there was still a possibility for a functional consultant to manage the upload of masterdata as it is for ECC60 or SRM50.

The answer with SRM70 seems to be NO.

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards,

Yann

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the UI elements for upload and downlaod data like file upload and file download.

Also check the UI elements AcfExecute and AcfUpDownload.

check the example WDR_TEST_UI_ELEMENTS.

Regards,

Lekha.