Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share one view in tabs of Tabstrip

younghwan_kim
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, experts.

I'm trying to make tabstrip with 3 tabs, which has almost same layout.

I think button or radiobutton with one container might be the best, but the client wants to use tabstrip.

So is it possible to put the same view in 3 different tabs?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

younghwan_kim
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I concluded it is not possible to share one view in multiple tabs. Thanks for all your answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to have same view in different tabs.

Insert ViewcontainerUIelements as child in the tab content.

Go to your component under webdynpro components and select open datamodeler, there you can see your view with the ViewcontainerUIelements. place the cursor on viewcontainerUIelement and rightclick then embed view and select embed existing view and select your view from the list that appears.

Do the same for other viewUIelement containers also and select the same view.

Thanks,

Prasanthi.

younghwan_kim
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have tried the same way as you mentioned, but the result was runtime exception.

Can you tell me how did you avoid the runtime exception when adding the same existing view at one window?

• I can add the same view at design time, but it doesn't work at runtime.

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

Yes it is very much possible. Create a view container as the tab content on the tab strip. And in the window layout set the view in the each tab. You can put the same view in the view container.

I hope this will solve your issue. If you have any further issue please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

Pravesh

younghwan_kim
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I tried creating ViewUIElement Container for each tab content, and add one view to three containers in Window Editor, but it doesn't work because of making the same view at one window.

Runtime error was like trying to instantiating already existing view.

(I think the cause is the same view existing at the same time.)

Did I have anything missed?

Edited by: Kim, Young Hwan on Apr 15, 2009 1:53 PM

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use, Embed existing view option and then add the required view after selecting from the list. As soon as you use this option a pop-up comes which gives you the option to select a view which you would have already created.

But I think you are right!! It may give the runtime exception in that case! As it will try to re initialize the same view again.

I hope this helps!

Thanks and Regards

Pravesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can put a view in as many tabs you want. But all your context values in all the tabs contain same value.

Like if you have 2 tabs and only one view in that two tabs, and if u have any input field r drop down etc.

If you enter some value in the first tab for input field, the second tab will also hold the same value as you are using same view in both the tabs.

Thanks,

Prasanthi.