cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransportFiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a Function Module and assigned to it an function group . I have to transport this .I have created them in one package .I want to relesed this request in se10.My question is Where can we get Transport file like .cof file and a .dat file.?when i am relesed as workbench request i did not get this files..where can we get this files? Any configuration is required to get this files?

Thanks in Advanced,

Madhu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi madhu,

1. you've to check if the package you assigned is $TMP or not. if so that means its a local change request and no data/cofile are created.

2. if you've not used $TMP, then go to SE21, give the package name, display. check the attribute section whats the value of transport layer. this transport layer must exist in the transport route, otherwise it will not be transportable again. you can edit and change this transport layer to a valid one. (by valid one it means that in transport route, this must be assigned to a route)

You can also check, in SE10 itself under what category this transport request is coming.. is it 'Local change request' or 'transportable'

Regards,

Debasis

Edited by: Debasis Sahoo on Apr 15, 2009 5:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahoo..

I have made Tranport layer path.It has asking me client number and i have given .Actually i am using IDES ECC6 and i am using 800 client and i have given other existing client in my system.its taken as transport layer.But when i am relese the request its going under Local Change request only.....as per u said it has to come under Transportable..I made this package under TRN only not in $tmp.

SO where is the problem? I have to generate Cof.and dat files. for my Package.

Madhu.

Edited by: madhubabu rao on Apr 17, 2009 2:20 PM

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

got the problem again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

use SE01 and create a Transport Request of type Transport of Copies and include objects from the local request and this time choose the package TRN and then release it

you will get the datafiles and cofiles

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I have create a new request for same Package and relesed back after transport layer is set.But after relese my request are under Local Change request only..How can i make them in Transporable???

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you manually assigned the TRN transport layer to the transport request

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes.tcode stms i have given client number..iam using 800 and i have given 811 and in se21 i have assigned this ..

Edited by: madhubabu rao on Apr 17, 2009 2:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

try this:

The problem lies in either the workbench setup, the development class assigned to the objects you wish to transport, or both. Check the workbench setup with SE06->Display. Is your system set as a productive system? If so, change requests usually are not transportable. Try creating a new development class Z000, and choose any transport layer that the system allows you to choose (if your system does not allow you to choose any transport layers, then the workbench is not set up to allow any changes to be transportable). If it allows you to choose several layers, create on new class for each layer, and a new change request for each class. Then go to SE09 and check if your requests are transportable. If they are transportable, try to release one of the development classes (release the task and the request) and check that the files are created

Rohit

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello madhubabu,

I feel you've not set the transport route properly. In STMS > Overview > Transport route .. what do you see? only you IDES single system? if yes,

1. Login to 000 client with DDIC account. you have to create one virtual system by going to STMS >Overview > System. SAP Sytem > create > Virtual system as VR1.

2. Go to STMS. Overview > Transport route. Edit mode. Configuration > Standard config > Developement & production system ( this would set VR1 as a production system next to your IDES)

3. Here you've to create one transport layer - Edit > transport layer - create. you may give Z<SID> as the name.

4. Then create a transport route & assign the Z<SID> layer to it. go to Edit > Transport route - create. when it asks for source and destn, give <SID> as source and VR1 as target with Z<SID> as the layer.

5. Now in SE21. you've to check for package TRN, the transport layer should be Z<SID>

(where SID is the system id for your IDES system)

Regards,

Debasis.

Edited by: Debasis Sahoo on Apr 17, 2009 8:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Debasis Sahoo

Thanks you very much for your Answers,Really they are very helpful for me..Allmost i got the result..

Madhu.

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are welcome. if the issue has been solved, you can mark the thread as answered.

Regards, Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure those are not local change request, otherwise you wont be able to see the data/cofiles

Please have a look at below threads. It may help you

Thanks,

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check also wether your Tranport Request is local ($TMP) or not .

If it is local, there are no transport files generated when releasing the request.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

these files are created on the SAP server

go to usr/sap/trans/data and usr/sap/trans/cofiles directories of your SAP system

there you will find these files with the number of transport(you can identufy them) that was created in SAP system

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have transport configured on your system, you will get these files in \usr\sap\trans. check directories buffer, data and cofiles.

Manoj