Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict user form viewing Text Type in VA03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Our Functional consultants created some Text type and Text objects in VA03..

They want that Test types should be restricted for some user ID ..

Please let me how to restrict, these text type ..

Thanks in advance

VJ

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please provide more info so that i can help you ,

You may require to to create transaction screen variant, if it is bundled in single auth object.

to create screen variant use tcode SDH0 and assign with user group those who do not require to view text type assing those user into that group.

Thanks,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to remove the authorization to S_SCRP_TXT object for the user and test it.

Thx,

DVRK

0 Kudos

Hi DVRK,

I tried by removing the object .. but still the problem not solved ..

Please me know is there any way to restrict the user if the aut object / auth values are not getting reflected in user profile ...

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please can you clarify exactly what is the requirement?

Is this a standard SAP functionality that you are talking about. If yes, try running trace to check the object affected.

Regards,

Subbu

0 Kudos

>

> Please can you clarify exactly what is the requirement?

> Is this a standard SAP functionality that you are talking about. If yes, try running trace to check the object affected.

>

> Regards,

>

> Subbu

Our Functional consultants created some Text ID ZLT2 in spro which calls Text object VBBK in VA03..

They want that Text IDs should not be seen by some user ID ..

Please let me how to restrict, these text IDs ..

These text IDs are in the object S_SCRP_TXT..

SO i deactivated the object but still i am not able to restrict the users from viewing the Text ID LTT2..

please let me know whether it can be restricted at authrozation level or not ?

VJ

0 Kudos

>

> These text IDs are in the object S_SCRP_TXT..

> please let me know whether it can be restricted at authrozation level or not ?

>

> VJ

This authorization object controls the maintenance of SAPscript standard texts in the R/3 System.

For more details about this object please check : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/en/24/174b6e5733d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

As I said it will be helpful for you to create a custom object with field OAOBJEKTE (Object Type). Other fields would be ACTVT (with value 03) and TCD (as VA03).

Using the field OAOBJEKTE access authorization can be differentiated according to the object types which are maintained.

Hope this helps ....

Experts do correct if I am wrong :-).

Cheers,

Partha.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know how to create a custom object with field OAOBJEKTE (Object Type). Other fields would be ACTVT (with value 03) and TCD (as VA03).

VJ

0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

There should be an authority-check coded in the program for VA03 for restricting users from displaying the Text ids through your custom object else simpy adding them in the role is not going to help. Also the object S_SCRP_TXT is not being checked for VA03 in the standard system. So, I do not think this would help either,

Regards,

Subbu

0 Kudos

>

> There should be an authority-check coded in the program for VA03 for restricting users from displaying >the Text ids through your custom object else simpy adding them in the role is not going to help.

My Bad. Forgot to mention that part . Thank you Subbu.

So the coding part would have to be done in the program of VA03 by the ABAPer for the authorization to work.

Regarding the creation of Authorization object I believe it can be created in SU21.

Regards,

Partha.

0 Kudos

So there is no chance of restricting the users at authrozation level..

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Please let me how to restrict, these text type ..

>

I believe it is better if you could create a custom authorization object for this purpose.

Regards,

Partha.