Did you mean: 

Item category

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found an error:

Item category ZT2N is not defined for this item

Message no. V1321

Diagnosis

This item category ZT2N is not allowed for this item.

System Response

The system does not allow further processing of this item.

Procedure

Check your entry.

You can display the possible entries by placing the cursor on the It

category field in the document and selecting F4 (Possible entries).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As you have copied the standard item category to Z2TN item category , so check wheather you have done the assignment in VOV4 or not . by replacing the standard item category to Z2TN . Which didnt happen and that is the reason you faced error . So just configure in Item category determination and then check , your problem will be solved

Regards

Srinath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I beleive that you are trying input manually the item category ZT2N in your sales order

First you have to define item category ZT2N copying from a standard in t code VOV7

Then you have to make item category determination settings in t code VOV4

Then this item category has to be properly included in all copy controls settings

These three are the main settings reqd

The first one itself is missing in your case

While defining item category ZT2N copying from a standard in t code VOV7 you will get a message that whether you want this new entry relevant for copy controls and if you click yes then you need not have to do the third one which i mentioned earlier

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly i have copied TAn and renamed as ZT2N.

A message that whether I want this new entry relevant for copy controls and I have u clicked yes.

After that I have done settings in VOV4. But still this error exist in making Sales order.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

sdabap

The Item Category you have created, Should be assigned to the sales document type that you are using

Enter Tcode VOV4

Sales doucment (ZOR) + Item category group (NORM) +(empty) +(empty) = ZT2N.

Thumb Rule: Sales Document Type + Item Category Group = Item Category

Note: This Item Category (ZT2N) will appear only when you use this document type When you copy the item category please click "YEs" when it asks for allowing you to use copy controls.

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

SDabap,

Check the Item category group that you have maiantained in the material master is the same as that of the item category that you have determined.

Regards

Sathya

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assuming that while creating a sale order, you were facing this issue, please check in the following areas

1) In VOV7 check whether the item category ZT2N is created

2) In VOV4, check the item category ZT2N is assigned to sale order type

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi