cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data providers not working following SITS upgrade...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reports worked fine prior to recent SITS upgrade (from 8.1.0 to 8.2.0), BO XI rel3 on ORACLE 10g. now NO reports are refreshing successfully. When I take some example SQL from a report and run it in TOAD, EVERY report mentions the SAME view as having an error in it. (view "SITSBI.INS_STU_V" has errors).

But , I've since realised that ALL views in our LIVE production database that contain some data are 'red-crossed' as containing errors.

Surely that this means I need to do some kind of mass data refresh type thing post SITS Upgrade? What is the procedure in this situation? (My boss is away and unavailable.)

If you open a Universe up in BO XI Designer structure is refreshed OK, but if u2018Check Integrityu2019 is run, I'm getting 57 divergences, 2133 Parse Object errors and 41 parse Join errors..

Help!

thanks, Steven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

not that anybody offered up suggestions but as I would like others to respond to their own query with the solution I will do here too.. Here's the notes I've left for myself for when the next SITS Upgrade occurs..

Post SITS upgrade u2013 Views empty or invalid?

Check in TOAD. Table Schemer. Check the views. All red-crossed for SITS Production instance database?

Something to do with Permissions/Access to where the views reside on the database. I have logged a call with our always helpful Systems department and after about 5 days something is perhaps looked at.

After said helpful DBA's/Systems types have allowed us access to Business Objects tables all the views still need to be recompiled after which check TOAD and try refreshing some imported BO Reports. Viola..

regards,

Steven