cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activity costs not displayed in Project planning board

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The activity costs- (Actual cost) from the PO, is not getting reflected against the activity in project planning board. but the costs are showing against the WBS.

How to fix this issue. please give your views.

Regards

Sankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

If you are procuring goods as stock item,that means at the time of Goods Receipt you are going to receive stock as project stock(Q),then you can see costs against the WBS element,here Inventory dr and GR/IR will CR.When you issue the goods to project,here Network activity will be debited.

If you are procuring non-stock then at the time of MIGO ,activity will be debited.same also for Service activity at the time of MIGO activity will be debited.

Please update your exact process.

Regards,

Muzamil

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the PO assigned to WBSE? if yes then it will show the cost in WBSE....

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. The PO is against the external activity.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did u check in Actual Cost reports?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes. in both reports and Project planning board the actual costs are not showing for the activity.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is ur network is header account assigned or activity account assigned?...If u r using header account assigned then the cost will flow to the network header (not to activity) and then to the WBSE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activity assigned network only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

You are not getting my question.

You are procuring stock items or non-stock items?

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muzamil,

it is a stock item only.

my earlier reply is to Mr Ahmed.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do u have stock items and non-stock items in ext.activity?????

R u using ext.activity to buy goods? I dont get you...what are u using for ext.activity, to buy???

Edited by: Ahmed Rifaee on Apr 15, 2009 5:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

If it is stock so at the time of MIGO,it will show against the WBS only.

At the time of goods issue by 281 Q it will show you againt the Network activity.

Regards,

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sankar,

Award points if you got the answer.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muzamil,

The issue is not yet solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

There is no issue in your case.

After receiving stock items as Project stock (Q) ,then issue it to Network Activity by 281 Q then only you can see the costs on your network activity.

You are not consuming the material for your project,still it is Inventory cost.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The issue is solved now. I have assigned the network with header assigned instead of activity assigned in the network profile. Now the costs are captured at the activity level also.

Thanks for your replies.

Regards

Sankar

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If ur network is header account assigned u wont see the cost @ activity level...just tell me in OPUV actvtyacctassgn indicator is checked or not checked?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Activity account indicator is ticked already.

Regards

Sankar

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is ticked, then u r using activity accoutn assigned network...not header acct assigned

Former Member
0 Kudos

in OPUU transaction...i have selected Network type as PS01 earlier..now with PS02...got activity costs.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PS01 is header assigned that is y u werenot able to see the cost....If u look back my old replies...i have already asked u to check whether u r using activity assigned network or not...u said yes that time, it means u have not checked properly before...