Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've defined a new help search for a new table. My problem is that I see all of the records and most of them are repeated, and I want to see only one time each value, like a distinct.

How can I do that?

This values cannot be at a range because new records can be added with a new valor.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oscar,

When u create a search help within that it provides exit where u can code. As u have created the search go to change mode on the first screen in DEFINATION tab u can c search help exit. In this u can enter a FM which is already created by us before u enter here. Only care needs to be take is that create using F4IF_SHLP_EXIT_EXAMPLE. In this u can use various steps to control the output.

7 REPLIES 7

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do it with the help of search help exits.

check this sap help..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/21ee52446011d189700000e8322d00/content.htm

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

and what is the user I have to use? I don't find any standard user exit that do that...

0 Kudos

hi

check is there any way to restrict the values at the search help defintion if not then u should go for search help exit which is there in the same screen..

Cheers,

Abdul Hakim

0 Kudos

hi,

you need to create the new one using SE11, while creating the search help it slef, it is nothing but FM. and check the documentation and check some sample search help exits in SE37 also.

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar.

You can use the search help exit (SE11 change search help) to accomplish this.

Regards,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oscar,

When u create a search help within that it provides exit where u can code. As u have created the search go to change mode on the first screen in DEFINATION tab u can c search help exit. In this u can enter a FM which is already created by us before u enter here. Only care needs to be take is that create using F4IF_SHLP_EXIT_EXAMPLE. In this u can use various steps to control the output.

0 Kudos

Finally I understand how to do it and it works perfect! I control the output before showing it with an auxiliar internal table filtering results.

Thanks!