cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to my first WEBSERVICE/SOAP task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to do my first SOAP/WSDL scenarion in PI.

The setup is as follows (my SANDBOX scenario is ASYNC):

1) SENDER sends data via a webservice to PI (I will must the ws u2013 with 3 fields)

2) PI maps the data into an XML file

3) File is saved on RECEIVERS network via FTP

My issue is only step 1. Can someone supply me with a link or similar to an example scenario with a simple webservice.

Q1) Where to find the URL that I need to test the webservice with? (and is this the same as the partner should use when going live?)

Q2) How to test the call to the webservice? What tools to use (Iu2019m trying to use XMLSPY but are there any better?)

Q3) What is the connection endpoint? (XMLSPY)

Q4) What is the SOAP action? (XMLSPY)

Q5) My prod scenario is WS to WS and SYNC are there any pitfalls in this?

Hope someone can help me on this first SOAP/WSDL quest

Thank you kindly

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing this one down

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inbound address for SOAP message is

http://HOST:PORT/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?Channel=Party:Service:Channel.

Replace the KEYWORDS with appropriate valid details like host name, port name, Party/Service and Communication channel.

You can test the scenario with SOAPUI tool.

SOAP endpoint is the WebService url (service provider url) that your client is going to consume (use/call).

SOAP action is the method name that your client is going to consume.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Kalpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you understand my question

When using the "SAP SOAP CLIENT" there are no way I can enter the username and password for my XI server. How do enter this when sending the request?

In one of te above answers it is mentioned that you can use the RWB to send a request. How to do that?

Br

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SOAPUI tool, you can test your WebService scenario. After importing the WSDL file, along with the request data to be sent, you can specify the logon details of your XI server in request properties.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Kalpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using XML SPY, go to SOAP->Create new SOAP request.

Then Send SOAP request.IT will prompt for XI credentials then.

Thanks,

Tiny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kalpesh,

you must be talking about some other tool. I am talking about [SAP SOAP CLIENT|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9b16d790-0201-0010-4e9b-baa5f42830d8]

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The message format that you need to use in SAP SOAP Client while testing should be:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<SOAP:Envelope xmlns:SOAP='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/'>
  <SOAP:Body>
   <Your Payload without XML tag <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>>
  </SOAP:Body>
</SOAP:Envelope>

Make 100% sure that all the configuration details are entered in the required format only....also all the details are accurate:)

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi abhishek

thx for your reply.

regarding the SAP SOAP CLIENT. I cant specify where to download it, and everytime i click the link it complains about "failed to initialize XML SCHEMA validation..."

In the settings there are no box I can enter user name and password - only under "HTTP HEADER". Is that the one?

br

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SAP SOAP Client that i mentioned (and the one which I am using) is having version 1.3....

I doubt if it is freely available.....it will be a better option to use RWB to test your message (if you do not have other tools like Altova XMLSpy, Stylus Studio)

If you intend to use Altova then here is the link on how to use it: /people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abishek,

thx for your replies.

I still suffer under posting this webservice under XMLSPY. I am sitting and working from home under CITRIX and therefore I am wondering - should I still use the same url (http://...XISOAPAdapter..) then?

I get a "HTTP ERROR: COULD NOT POST file..... (501)" (would have inserted a screendump here but dont now how to do it?)

I wonder if the XISOAPAdapter is "open". Any way to check that?

br

Edited by: Bowie on Apr 21, 2009 2:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check that inRWB-> Communication Channel monitoring whether the channel has been started.

check the CC for the Quality of service.It should be Exactly Once.

Thanks,

Tiny

Edited by: TINY MAMPILLY on Apr 21, 2009 2:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

it says that it is started but initialized. Tried to close it and open it again still the same message: started but not initialized

br

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the URL you are using.

http://<HOST>:<PORT>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?Channel=<Party>:<BusinessService>:<CommunicationCh....

Also check whether the Quality Of service is Exactly Once.

Even I faced a similar issue earlier which was due to the above specified reasons.Please check the hostname and port in the URL.Define a web service again and send the SOAP request.

Thanks,

Tiny

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When u are defining the webservice in Integration Directory (generating the wsdl file)...there use this URL: http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=party:service:channel

Here instead of HostName give the Host IP Address.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Checked CC and it is set to EXACTLY ONCE, changed host to IP of the integration server. Still the same "HTTP ... COULD NOT POST..(501)"

I tried to sent it using a HTTP CLIENT instead and that worked fine!

Is there anyway that the XISOAPadapter must be "initialized" because I dont believe that SOAP calls have been done on our system before?

br

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it that you want to check if the SOAP adapter is working fine or not? If yes then do these things:

1) Go to Runtime Workbench

2) Open Component Monitoring and click Display

3) You will get a list below....Domain --> Integration Server --> Adapter Engine

4) Click on Adapter Engine

5) A new window will open...here you can check the status of your adapter

If you click on an adapter with error you will get an error log.

Also can you check your Communication Channel processing (from RWB itself)...for SOAP

Regards,

Abhishek

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Q1) Where to find the URL that I need to test the webservice with? (and is this the same as the partner should use when going live?)

http://server:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:SenderServiceName:SenderChannel&version=3.0...

Q2) How to test the call to the webservice? What tools to use (Iu2019m trying to use XMLSPY but are there any better?)

I use SAP SOAP Client....you can send the req even using RWB

This will be present in the wsdl file of the target WS....look at the end section of the wsdl file and you will find a tag with name like address / location (not sure.....but it will have the name of the target system)

Q4) What is the SOAP action? (XMLSPY)

there will be many actions present in the wsdl file depending on its functionality....you need to choose the one which you want to invoke....

Q5) My prod scenario is WS to WS and SYNC are there any pitfalls in this?

I dont see any:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thx for the replies.

It is mentioned that I can use SAP SOAP CLIENT to test this. How to enter the user name and password to the XI integrations server?

Also it is mentioned that the RWB can be used. Can someone expalin how please.

Cheers

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is mentioned that I can use SAP SOAP CLIENT to test this. How to enter the 
user name and password to the XI integrations server?

1) Open the SAP SOAP Client application

2) At the top there will be a toolbar.....there you will find a View tab...select it

3) On the dropdown there will be an option for Settings...select it

4) In the pop-up window enter the Username and Password for XI system

5) Also remove all the entries in the port fields (keep them blank)

6) Enter the URL-format mentioned in my previous reply in the Target URL of SAP SOAP Client

Make sure that you place the entire folder containing SAP SOAP CLient in C:\Program Files of your system.

Also it is mentioned that the RWB can be used. Can someone expalin how please.

1)Open RWB

2) Go to Component Monitoring

3) Clieck on Integration Engine option

4) You will get three tabs below

5) Slect the Test Message tab

6) Now enter all the appropriate details (Sender MI, namespace) enter the password for XI system and send the message

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) find SOAP endpoint tag in wsdl file

2)SMLspy is the best tool for testing

3)connection endpoint is the url of webservice host (wsdl)

4)action is request or responce

5)no pitfall in ws to ws synch.....

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ans)YOu can generate the WSDL for your scenarion in the integration Directory. The generated WSDL will have the URL that you can use to test.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/31/daa0404dd52b54e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Ans) There is something called, SOAP Client. Search the SDN site/ Google for SOAP Client. You can use this to test the webservice.

Or use:

http://www.soapclient.com/soaptest.html

The connection end point will be the WSDL that you generate in ID(Integration Directory)

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For testing scenario u need to create webservice (*.wsdl) file for ID and use that to send request to PI using XML SPY. u can also use micosoft infopath.

Regards,

Manisha