cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP run for projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running MRP for a material through MD03, I have requirement for a project and some stock available in unrestricted use stock, but now when I run MRP for a material through MD03, system still generates a purchase requisition for this material despite the fact material is available in unrestricted use stock. I know for another project / WBS element system should not consider that stock but for unrestricted use it should consider.

I want this as same material is used by number of projects and some times due to excess stock we transfer the same to unrestricted use stock so that whenever other project wants the same material it is available for them. But due to some settings in material master / customizing it is not happening.

Also we want to run MRP through MD01 where we cannot enter material and want to run MRP for plant in that case system generates unnecessary requisitions despite the fact material is available in store. We have several hundreds materials like this.

Stock transfer posting is one way but not feasible when you have hundreds of material for which stock is available.

If you need more information please let me know.

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the common materials use individual/collective requirement as 2 in MRP 4 view.

System will treat it as plant stock and if stock is available, it will not create new requirement.

Run md02 for the header material.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried with that but it is not working

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you re-attach the material component to WBS element after changing it to collective? If not pls do so. Run project level MRP once.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

if I delete and again assign material to network then it does not capture WBS element in CN22. Also what do you mean by project level mRP do you mean MRP using MD51.

Regards

Raj