cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non sap reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Can anybody tell me if there are alternative tools (other than sap) for reporting?

And, why would one choose for this alternative??

Thanks in advance

Gr

Guido

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are many alternative tools like COGNOS as Ravi Arja said. In addition you have documentum...... The reason why one would choose this alternative depends upon the various factors like existing database ssystem, budget, user friendlyness....and many more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's easy to find with the help of GOOGLE.

/manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guido,

You can use crystal reporting or cognos reporting etc.,

First tell us from where you want to report?

But SAP Provides you some standard reports in which u can choose depending on your requirement unless it is an SAP implementation.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guido,

if your source system is R/3, SAP BI can be the best datawarhousing tool you can have for reporting simply becoz of it's seamless connectivity with R/3 and becoz of SAPIs provided by SAP.

As far as advantages are concerned, they are simply never ending if i have to specify here.

The SAP datawarehousing tool differs than other conventional datawarehouses simply by using the Surrogate ID concept in the multi-dimensional modelling(Star schema as we call it), which helps in Master data sharing between cubes, also in case of source system with different languages, faster retrieval etc etc etc.

I will recommend to go thro' SAP site to understand and appreciate the tool.

Also as far as SAP is concerned u can simply refer to it's client list and the unbelivable figures making it the market leader and remain on the top position always......

thanks,