cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to release transports ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done some configuration and customization. Our basis person told me to release the transports so as to apply new patches. How to release transports? What is the tcode and process? CRM 4.0 - SAPGui

Thanks.

Victor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor

Run TCode SE10

--> Click <b>DISPLAY</b>

--> Now you can see TREE like Structure having <b>Customizing</b> as the Top Node

--> Go to the <b>Task which is having your User Id</b>. <b>Click that Task Number</b>

--> Click the VAN Icon (Release Directly) present in the Tool Bars of the SAP Gui.

I hope this helps a bit !!!

Many Thanks

KK

Please note: Allot points if this helps !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

Thanks for the note. I go into se10 and followed the steps. All my requests were transported except one. The message with red (actually pink in color) says 'in process, requires update'. Please let me know what that means. Do I needs to do anything more to release this?

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor,

I hope transport landscape is properly set between your systems.

Have you cross checked whether your devlopment is transported to target system (as you mentioned that some request transport successfully, please check that in target system).

you should some more details once you double click on RED for the failed request.

Honestly, BASIS guy would be best person to analyze this problem.

Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor

Run SE10.

<b>Click the Task</b> which is still in the said state(in process)...

Next to the Release Button on the Tool Bar, u can see the <b>TRANSPORT Logs</b> button. Click that, you will more information about the running Task...

I agree with the other post that recommends to take BASIS help on this !!!

Taking a help from Basis will always help you in future !!!

Once you solved the problem, please close the Thread with fail !!!

Many Thanks

KK

Message was edited by: KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am experiencing the same issue mentioned in this thread. I want to know if you were able to fix this issue. How was it fixed? Was it fixed by you or the Basis team?

Answers (0)