cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirm Popup in Web Dynpro, window size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem with popup_to_confirm. I'm creating one confirm popup using the method if_wd_window_manager->create_popup_to_confirm.

For this method there are two parameters: window_width and window_heigth.

But the size of the popup window is always the same independently on value I define for these two parameters, so they do not impact the popup window size.

I need a smaller window because there is only one short question.

Could somebody tell me how I can manipulate with the popup window size?

Kind regards,

Oleksandr

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Window size should not be longer than UI Size (i.e. RootUITRasactionContainer size of the view)

Ex: you set window size as 300px and UI size is some 600px. it does not work

Best regards

Ravi Kumar Gollla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your replies!

I checked both links above, but unfortunately did not find any solution for the problem.

I did not understand the idea to set the size of RootUIElementContainer instead of passing the size parameters.

I call the popup to confirm, so I do not have any embedded view for that thing to manipulate with the size of UI elements. Or I'm thinking wrong?

Kind regards,

Oleksandr

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can not set the size directly on the popup. I know that there are attributes and methods for this; but they are ignored in the HTML rendering. They are for future usage/smart client rendering. For now in the HTML rendering you can set the size by inner content of the popup. The popup automatically resizes to its inner content. If you are reusing one of the standard SAP-Provided confirmation popups, then you really can't control the size.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information!

But if it should resize according to the content, my question would be:

I have only one short question sentence in popup, but the height of the popup window is quite larger that it would be necessary only for one row - is it exactly so as it is supported?

steffen_weber
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I'm currently facing the same sizing issue and haven't found a solution yet.

Even when I change the size of the ROOTUI end even of the embedded 2 container elements, the popup size will always stay the same. Is there any update about this sizing issue?

Have you heard of any updates on the SET_WINDOW_SIZE method of IF_WD_WINDOW which is mentioned [note 1003826|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1kZSZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1003826]?

Kind regards, Steffen

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What release level are you on? I heard from someone else on the forums here that SET_WINDOW_SIZE was working in NetWeaver 7.01 with a later SP level. I can confirm that it worked for me the other day in NetWeaver 7.02. I believe that popup sizing methods were non-functionality before Lightspeed (7.01).

steffen_weber
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

it seems that you are right! In one of my other systems I'm developing the resize is working.

So it seems that the current system/patch level is the answer!

700 doesn't work, in 701 it does!

Kind regards, Steffen

Edited by: Steffen Weber on Feb 10, 2010 6:29 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey.

When you did not set up parameters of window_width and window_height, this window size is smallest.

The window size is can not smaller than this default window.

Edited by: Davis zhang on Apr 20, 2009 4:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just go through this thread ..

it might help you

regards

anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check out these link -