cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with OPC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

We're having a bit of trouble with connecting SAP (x)MII with the WinCC OPC server. After installing the latest UDS framework (4.0 SP1), connection works flawlessly. When we create a new query template, we don't see any tags. This is probably due to the fact that the OPC-server is not in browsing mode, but up until now, we have not been successful in editing the configuration.

We have also tried making aliases. The aliases appear when creating a new tag query, but when testing the query, it returns

"Could not add 'tagname' to the response list."

So, the question is, what do we need to change in order successfully query OPC-tags.

Kind regards,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the connection settings you are using to connect to WinCC?

Are you using the OPC DA UDS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we use OPC-DA UDS. Included is a screenshot of the settings of the UDS admin console

[http://i39.tinypic.com/29vhtlx.jpg]

Edited by: Jan_Vanderstappen on Apr 15, 2009 2:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

With my experience with Matricon OPC server & UDS client, I would recommend you to confirm following steps.

Keep xMII UDS on Data Source machine, it will give highest performance (although xMII UDS can be on Data Source system or xMII server or also it can be on seprate xMII UDS machine based on varied metrix of "performance,Reliability, Maintainability and scalability")

Make sure you have not used same port for other UDS instance.

Check in UDS admin console whether you have configured UDS properly and it is up & running.

Check in Data Servers If you plan to write values to tags in the OPC Server, check the u201CWritableu201D check box as well

On the Query Templates screen, click on u201CNewu201D and select u201CTagQueryu201D and click OK.

Select UDS connection you want to use in the u201CServersu201D tab and in the u201CModesu201D tab, select u201CCurrentu201D.

click on u201CTag Query Detailsu201D tab and see if there are fields in u201CAvailable Groupsu201D/u201CAvailable Tagsu201D

The SAP xMII system sends mode requests to the UDS for processing. If the requested mode is not supported, the UDS returns an error

Let us know your experience !

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have 2 Servers running. 1 with SAP xMII and 1 with the WINCC Server. xMII UDS is running on the PC with WINCC.

I am capable of running the UDS with no errors. When I create a new tag query I can see a few tag's, but not all. This is when I don't use aliases. When I do use aliases I can see the correct taglist, but when I test the tag query I get the following error: "Could not add 'tagname' to the response list."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jan,

your Aliase Tagname have "./\"? If yes, please replace this character in the Aliase name with "_".

This solve my problem long time ago.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!!

It works!!

I changed all the "/" into "_" and it works now!

Thank you very much!

Answers (0)