cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

If a file is coming from ftp and posting into SAP.

How many number of messages will be created , my doubt is whether it is number of records or per file one message?

Regards,

venu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venu,

It depends on the recordsets per message configuration as well. If your "recordset definition" can hold the entire file contents, then it will be one message per file, by default. If needed, you can split and process.

Regards

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

" It depends on the recordsets per message configuration as well."

Suppose I have following content in the file

<? Xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:F2I_MT xmlns:ns0="urn://File2Idoc">

<HEADER>

<AUFNR>000000500121</AUFNR>

<AUART>SM01</AUART>

<IWERK>SW01</IWERK>

<BUKRS>10</BUKRS>

<KOKRS>10</KOKRS>

<ILART>Z01</ILART>

<GSTRP>20060309</GSTRP>

<GLTRP>20060309</GLTRP>

<ERNAM>VENUS</ERNAM>

<ERDAT>20060309</ERDAT>

<PLNTY>E</PLNTY>

<LANGU>E</LANGU>

<LAISO>EN</LAISO>

</HEADER>

</ns0:F2I_MT>

Now how many number of messages can I expect?

Here I'm expecting my record set definition contains entire file contents, so one message for file right?

If needed u can split and process u have suggested , could u pls give some more explanation on this .

Regards,

venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Since <HEADER> occurs unbounded times, the message generated will be one. Assuming that you are doing content conversion, in Recordset Structure you need to specify 'HEADER,*'. After one XML message (w/ multiple HEADERS) is generated, you can use the multi mapping to split it into multiple XML messages (each w/ one HEADER). These multiple messages can be mapped again to indivisula IDOCs. In this case, for multi-mapping you need crate BPM.

praveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Depends on what you are trying to do with data and what do u mean by the term number of messages.

Suppose the file contains data for multiple Idoc and you are sending IDoc by package, then there will be one message but internally multiple IDocs will get posted.

If you are doing one to N mapping and using BPM then one Idoc will go at a time and you can see multiple messages in SXMB_MONI.

Regards

Vijaya