Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk : Change support message after Confirmed and close

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SOLMAN 4.0.

Current scenerio: Once the status is set to Confirmed & Closed and then saved. System does not allow to change that particular support message.

Requirement: An authorization should be given to a particular user to reopen the issue, i.e status can be changed from Closed & confirmed to In-process etc etc.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Self Solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shree,

Cna u please share how u solved this issue..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shree,

Cna u please share how u solved this issue..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In order to do this don't change the standard status but just add an additional user status called "User confirmed" between Proposed Solution and "Confirmed" (rename this last one maybe into "final confirmed" in order to avoid confusion).

The user confirm will technically still have the system status "in process" but nobody except admin can change anymore.

In addition you need to change your action profile and scheduling in order to give the right status under the right condition.

You can then manage the access via authorization B_USERSTAT

We have done similar changes in our company and this is working fine. In this case you don't change system status and only play with user status keeping the standard functionality running ok

I hope it helps

br Xavier

Note 1 : This is adding one step in the process that needs to be managed. The mass closing of "user confirmed" message into "confirmed" will be possible with the program CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT (not designed for this but working anyway !)

Note 2 : I don't know the impact on SLA calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the default config this is not possible because it is a status attribute which prohibits any changes on the document (status profile -> status -> transaction = FINI and transaction control: Edit = forbidden, Change Document = forbidden). So basically you got on or off only, nothing inbetween.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks for you reply....

Yes you are correct, I consider this as an last option.

I want only a particular user should be authorized to do this. If I change the attributes of the status

then everyone will have authorization to change the status.

Is there any Badi or any other customizing setting to do this ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shree,

May be you can change the attributes for closed and make it editable by everybody. And once the status is set to closed, only reopen should be possible. But only one user should have access to the reopen status. Hope it helps.

best regds,

Alagammai.