cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All master data values not shown in query selections

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a query on a BasisCube containing the InfoObject 0FUNC_AREA. I loaded data to 0FUNC_AREA and the cube.

I then created a query on the cube, in which I want to filter on 0FUNC_AREA. However, when I get the list of available values for 0FUNC_AREA not all the values in the master data is shown. It only shows 25 values out of 105.

As a default, the data shown is only the cube data, so I removed the tick in the checkbox: Show only InfoCube data. Still the same.

Then I went to the InfoObject and set the 'Query Def. Filter Value Selection' and 'Query Execution Filter Val. Selectn' equal to 'Values in Master Data'. Still the same.

Then I deleted the contents of the InfoCube. It still shows the original 25 values.

The really strange thing is, that when I go into the selection screen for 0FUNC_AREA in the BEx and limit the shown values to one of the values available in the master data but not shown in the list, it shows the text of the functional area in the limit summary window. But still when executing the limitation, it cannot find the value!!!

The problem is the same in LISTCUBE

I hope some of you can help we with this.

Thanks

/Karsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

A silly question: have you logged off the BEx and on again?

Best regards,

Eugene

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karsten,

I have run through most of the standard checks :

1. Infoprovider checkbox unchecked in Info Onject definition

2. Posted Values / Infoprovider values unchecked when you filter

3. Master data activated.

Please check these notes :

541253 - Restricting characteristics with compound characteristics

125774- Query does not find data

But not too convinced by the notes either...

Arun

P.S Assigning points is a way of saying thank you in SDN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene

Oh that's not a silly question as it solves a lot of problems.

But, yes I have tried that.

/Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

I checked the Notes (also did a note search myself earlier without any luck):

541253 - Restricting characteristics with compound characteristics

It isn't a compounded infoobject.

125774- Query does not find data

It finds the data alright when running the query. I'm just not able to see the values in the restriction overview of the query designer.

Br Karsten

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

There is and option in the Cube or DSO to give Infoprovider specific property. Choose master data table in this option for the info-object you want master data to display.

Regards,

Nayan

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karsten,

just to test ,

have a user entry variable on 0func_area and in the selection help popup , you should be able to get all posted values.... otherwise there is some pronblem with the master data...

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

looking wierd..

Definetly following will not help you.. :)..but still ..

1) How many entries you have got in table '/BI0/SFUNC_AREA'? 25?? or 125??

2) Did u you carry out the SID checks in RSRV for the cube and the masterdata object?

regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

The variable also only let's me select the 25 values. However, no more than these are available in the cube.

/Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

1) How many entries you have got in table '/BI0/SFUNC_AREA'? 25?? or 125??

42!!!

2) Did u you carry out the SID checks in RSRV for the cube and the masterdata object?

No, but have done it now. Got some warnings about the SIDs (carried out all transactional og master data tests) which I repaired. After this I see all 125 entries in the table. However, still cannot see them in the BEx Analyzer.

/Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karsten,

Last try i think from my side..(I do not see thoughts other than the following..at the moment)

1. Can you please reactivate the masterdata again now?

and see..

2. Can you compare the flag differences between those visible 25 entries and the unvisible 100 values in the S table?

How about deleting the master data and Re-Loading them? as we have seen aleard some SID gap exists?

regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

1) Reactivated the master data, said it was already active.

2) Could see a difference between the data contained in cube and the remaining data. Otherwise not.

I deleted cube and master data and reloaded, the problem still persists. I am beginning to suspect a bug in BW.

I have to determine whether I am going to live with it (as it isn't critical, just a nuisance) or create an OSS on it.

Thanks for all the input guys.

/Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

If you have recently loaded data in 0FUNC_AREA, have you tried to "Activate Master data" thru RSA1.

Right Click on InfoObject and select Activate Master Data

Sometimes this does help.

Thanks

Srini

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I forgot to ask ,

did you check if master data was activated properly for 0func_area?

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

If you have recently loaded data in 0FUNC_AREA, have you tried to "Activate Master data" thru RSA1.

Right Click on InfoObject and select Activate Master Data

Sometimes this does help.

Thanks

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini

Sorry forgot to mention that. I have already tried it, and it said that the master data is already available.

Also I am able to add the missing values to the filter by manually entering the key. It also collects the text for these values, so it must be able to find them in the master data. It just doesn't show then in the overview.

/Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again

Just one more thing:

If I enter a specific FUNC_AREA not contained in the list of available values, I am able to add it as a selection criteria.

/Karsten

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karsten,

Uncheck the values in the infoprovider checkbox for the characteristic - you will be able to see all values.

Arun

P.S Assigining points is a way of saying thank you in SDN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

I am not sure excactly what you mean.

Br

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karston,

in the infoobject 0func_area, in the business explorer tab, select "values in master data table" for filter related fields.

this will solve your problem...

Hope this helps..

thanks,

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karsten,

in query designer,

right click on 0func_area and select properties

int hat near the bottom you will find a checkbox stating values in the infoprovider only. Uncheck that.

This basically tells the query to restrict the display values to what values there are in the cube/ODS/InfoProvider as opposed to all possible values of Master data. This would explain why you cannot see some values for the master data in the display.

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

I already did that.

Quote from first posting:

<i>Then I went to the InfoObject and set the 'Query Def. Filter Value Selection' and 'Query Execution Filter Val. Selectn' equal to 'Values in Master Data'. Still the same.</i>

/Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

Regarding the checkbox:

I also did that. Now it is permanently unchecked because I changed the InfoObject to show all values in master data.

/Karsten

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karsten,

It could also be because of another wierd restriction ,

when you do a filter , click on the small side pointing arrow and there do the following ,

There will be a restriction saying 100 , delete the number 100

Then there will be a checkbox mentioning values in infoprovider , unchecvk that.

All this has to be done AFTER running the query , in the filter section.

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

Did that, still the same.

/Karsten