cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selection of row or columns for graphic or analysis item in WAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

A have the next situation: I have a query with a set of information that in wad can be several tables and graphics with different filters.

I want have the same dataprovider (this query) and in the wad create the different tables and graphics from that dataprovider without create several queries for each filter.

Is this possible?

The proposal is reduce the differents dataproviders quantity for performance, because the information and presentation is the same but with filters differents.

Thank you very much for your collaboration.

Regards,

Jeysi Ascanio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

FCI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeysi,

Hmmm, if filters are different, you will still need as many db request as the number of tables and graphs. Don't think you will gain any performance improvement.

Regards,

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you FCI for your response.

But Is it possible use the same dataprovider for several analysis item and graphics items in a same wad? Can you send me the procedure, please.

In relation to performance, what is the best solution?

1. Create a query for each analysis item and graphs neccesary. Is the same querie structure but with a minimal filter.

2. Create a view for each data set from a general querie applying the filters neccesary.

3. Do the filter in the Wad directly (this not, then for you comment the multiple db access)

Thank you very much again.

Regard,

Jeysi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenary define the best scheme to apply.

Key figures quantity, characteristics quantity; web template complexity, etc..

Regards,

Jeysi Ascanio