cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our organization more end user running many report foreground,It taking long time like 3000 to 5000miliseconds.so system gets solw. I told to execute do it in background they told me,we are not get right format in background.AND ABLE DO THE DYNAMIC SELECTION IN BACKGROUND.What i will do??

Regards,

Manjini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

3000 to 5000

Usually rdisp/max_wprun_time will prevent people from running very long reports in dialog forcing them to run them in the background.

AND ABLE DO THE DYNAMIC SELECTION IN BACKGROUND

obviosly you cannot do dynamic selection on a background job... but you can ask the user to create variants containing those selections and run the reports on the background... thats what variants are for. Also you can get an abaper into this to automate some of them

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY..

shall i change rdisp/max_wprun_time paramter value to maximum...?

Can you tell me how to create the varients for dynamic selction during background job?

Regards,

Manjini

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

shall i change rdisp/max_wprun_time paramter value to maximum...?

Whats the current value?... usually is set to 1800 or less. if the paremeter is set to 0 it can run for ilimited amount of time

Can you tell me how to create the varients for dynamic selction during background job?

Nope... each funtional transaction is different and when submitting queries you can save your selection as a variant. Ask you funtional consultants.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Current value is rdisp/max_wprun_time =3600.My functional consultant don't know for creation of variant for dynamic selection.Can you give me one example.I will explain to my functional consultant.

Regards,

Manjini

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if parameter is set to rdisp/max_wprun_time =3600 the you should not find dialog processes running for 5000s.

Again.. I'm not an abaper or funtional consultant... so, if the options they need to run a report cannot be saved as variants them please consult your ABAPer.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you vey much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually sap prefer pulling the report in foreground or background?

Regards,

Manjini

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know what's SAP best practice is in this case ... but in my expirience if the report is going to take more than 10 minutes to run and can be done via a background job then it should.

Regards

Juan

Answers (0)