Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSP Extensions for a TimeStamp UI

former_member497277
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!:

We're doing a bsp in which an internal table is shown. The fields that appear in the table are:

task, date of creation and date of modification of this task.

Now, we want to do search ranges, for the dates and that the result of the search is the content of the table.

We've looked for in some manuals, as Using Ranges: BSP Extensions for an Input Field Range UI, but when we

implemented the class ZCL_ES_BSP_ELMNT_RANGES_INPUT, and we tried to write methods as they are DO_AT_BEGINNING,

COMPILE_TIME_IS_VALID or RESTORE_FROM_REQUEST, and the application says that it is increased in the class cl_bsp_element and it requests a key.

Also we have tried it with Using TimeStamps: BSP Extensions for a TimeStamp UI, but we were not able to do it.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ana,

Welcome to SDN Forums

When you are writing a custom Tags...

1. Plan your design,(see whether is really usefull!)

2. Reuse the classes and interfaces.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I have done much writting about custom BSP extensions and I have a tendency in my more recent example to not walk through every detail of the core process. I assume (incorrectly) that everyone has already built one.

You have been given the correct guidance. If you would like a more detailed tutorial on the general process of custom extension creation, have a look at this weblog:

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/09/02/creating-a-bsp-extension-for-downloading-a-table

It was really my first on the process and because of that I do go to greater detail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ana,

please use always the Redefine-Button if you want to "change" inherited methods of parent classe. You'll find it next to to the search button in class methods view.

Do never change cl_bsp_element!

Regards,

Sebastian