cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP REACH 1.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While maintaining Legal Entities as one of the company code exist, this pulls all the Plants associated with that particular company code in Organization data screen under SAP REACH Compliance.

Please help me to understand that -

1) What is the connection between Legal Entities and Plant in context of SAP REACH under Organizational data screen?

2) Why it is pulling plants from SAP ERP to here?

Thanks,

Nitin Pandey

SAP - EHS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

REACH u2013 Registration, Evaluation, and Authorization of Chemicals u2013 which came into force June 1, 2007. The regulation shifts the burden for proving the safety of substances, products, and consumer use of those substances and products to the businesses that manufacture and import them. And businesses must work within the REACH process framework to establish that proof. The proof rests on a businessu2019s ability to submit REACH compliant product information about its substances and products

and their intended commercial use. If the product information does not satisfy REACH legislation, the business will be denied authorization, registration, and ultimately the right to trade in that substance within the EU. In other words: no data, use of chemicals and their exposure to humans and the environment.

while mataining legal entities, the REACH compliance must be verified as it was already inforce from 01.06.2007. U may check the compliance status of the client for REACH compliance like preliminary registration and other protocols as per the dates already notified.

The plants that are using/ consuming any RM in their process will check for REACH registration and other compliance. this may be the reasons that it is pulling plants from SAP ERP to REACH ligislation compliance.

with regards,

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Plant is appearing only when we make Legal entity as pre-existing Company Code. If we create new legal entity plant wonu2019t appear.

Considering above explanation, I was looking for significance of appearing Plant, because with New Legal entity which is not available prior as company Code has no link with plant.

Adding to your thought, will you endorse my point if I assume appearance of plant may be useful to extract various REACH reports required for business further may be based on Plant?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Nitin Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin, REACH not only

REACH requires registration of substances per legal entity.

Managing of REACH requirements involves engaging in three major activities: registering substances; complying with safe usage conditions specified by permits granted for products and imported substances; and registering how your products are used throughout your supply chain. But thatu2019s not the end of the story. REACH mandates that you keep REACH-compliant documentation available for 10 years after the release of your product. Apart from this the manufacturere has to adopt Substance Information Exchange Forums (SIEFs).

As seen from the above, u may think of supply chain of finished products/ suppliers of RM may be in the ambit of REACH, when u go by the existing entity of the plant. In the case of new entity, the existing suppliers/ downward customer of your client may bot be considered at that instance, however, in later course of time, the question may come back to u.

I can share that every customer using ERP may find similar challenge, another option is to process the existing plant for legal entity, to go by each stage - to verify the registered product/ R.M with REACH. only few other than registered may be included to solve the issue and to avoid later complications.

Thank u,

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahesh,

Are there any documents available at web to surf the material related to Legal entity, Plant & Organization unit for REACH?

Regards,

Nitin Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin

Hereu2019s my explanation

As a rule SRC uses existing Company Codes as a basis for creating REACh legal entities..If the system is allowing you to create Legal Entity without pre-existing Company Codeu2019s means itu2019s a program error. You need to apply a note u2013 check in Market Place.

In REACh Organizational Management there are two aspects i) Exteral Organization Management and ii) Internal Organizational Management. External Organization is something which reflects Legal Entity representation towards authorities. Whereas Internal Organization is freely defined and is independent of legal issues just to manage responsibilities to carry out REACh work.

The reason why it is pulling plants from SAP ERP is due to integration. Plants view provides a pre-configured non changeable information showing the relation of legal entities and different plants linked to those entity. And Address and responsible person etc. for REACH Process Management.

Check http://help.sap.com/content/documentation/sbs/docu_sbs_ehs.htm for help documents on REACh Compliance 1.1 and SP02 releases

Thanks and Regards

Jayakumar

Answers (0)