SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oil industry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

Can anyone please guide me in understanding the business flow for an oil industry.

Basically the company is converting crude oil into usable oil and selling.

I would like to know - Is there any SAP materials available?

Is it a Process or Production order?

Does anyone has configuration document on this?

Please help me in providing this.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rheya,

In IS Oil business there are different scenarios like exchanges, TSW, Inventory process. Exchanges is the process where two business partner came together nad set up an agreement in between them and as per the agreement they provide the material to there customers.

0 Kudos

In my opinion, this will be a "production" as the crude oil can be considered as a raw material and the refined products are the final products...

In this particular process, as no actual transport is occuring (the initial and final plant is the same), the IS-oil downstream module is probably not required.

However, in the actual transport of the crude to the refinery and subsequent transport/distribution of the refined products, the IS-oil dowstream will be brought into play..

-Shashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rheya,

Too big a question to be answered in a single reply but still i have made the most concise attempt possible

1) go through this blog this will give you a fair idea of Oil Industry as such.

/people/abhishek.swarup/blog/2008/03/31/know-the-value-chain-in-oil-industry

2) Yes there are SAP material available Please follow the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_oil46csp2/helpdata/en/6c/bfa73ad9ccf101e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

This is the SAP link for whole Is Oil Functionalities.

3)Configuration will depend on the Business requirements if you have any specific query regarding a specific feature you want to implement for IS Oil people out here may be in better position to help.

Keep Posting...

-ABS

Former Member
0 Kudos

sd

former_member698542
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rheya,

Since the company is converting crude oil into usable oil, it may use Process Order.

thanks and regards

Murugesan