Cancel and Reversal u2013 ARE1
The user has wrongly created and posted the ARE1 (wrongly combined the multiple excise invoices into single ARE1) and now wants to cancel the same. Selecting the u201CCancelu201D option (Tcode J1IA102), the system triggers the message 'In Process document alone can be cancelledu2019.
1) The system allows the Reversal of the ARE1 by making the Interest and Duty payable as Zero under the Utilization tab.I doubt this is OK?
2) Also after reversing the ARE1, when I tried to create the ARE1 referring the excise Invoices again the system triggers XXXXX/2009 excise invoice already referenced in XXXXX/2009 ARE document. Now I need to cancel the existing Excise Invoice & create New Excise and ARE1. Is this the right way to do it?
3) As the documents are not filed at the Excise, the option would be u2018Cancelu2019 rather than the u2018Reversal of the ARE1u2019? And Pl clarify when should we use the options Cancel and Reversal.
In Export scenarios where ever duty benefits are their ARE1 reversal & calcelling have different meanings,
1. The reversal process means you are reversing all the related docuements in the process involved , hence the duty payables are reversed & even in case of bond , reversal entries are thrown.
2.Afer Posting ARE! always reverse is done if the ARE1 has to be cancelled, then cancellation is followed.
3. If posting is not done, direct cancellation can be done, else reversal is required.