cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Local Data History' control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anybody know if it is possible to control/manage the data stored in the history for a given field? We have a table control which the user enters text for external material (i.e. free text). Very similar (or the same) texts are used. I want that the drop down box, that contains the historical values, is more structured. As far as I can see at the moment the values are random.

Is it possible to have the last value entered to appear first on the list? Or is it a system tool that we can’t control?

I would appreciate your help, thank you.

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

All history data are stored in One MS Access file in directory SapWorkDir.

As per my knowledge, we can see the last input value as first. May be you faced this problem becuase of the same filed name but different field types. (as we can experience in SE16).

Regards,

Naimesh

PS: Reward points, if you find useful..!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naimesh,

Thank you for your help.

I am unsure what triggers the data to be sent to the MS Access file. For example, if the user types 'Material A' in the table control field, then on the next line presses space to see the historical list, 'Material A' will not be there. I suppose data to is only sent to MS Access file once the porgram is executed/saved. It is our own program, I don't know if that has a bearing on this.

Regards,

Simon

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

Data is saved in MS Access file, whenever any event is take palce. Like if you type 'Material A' in first row, and don't press ENTER or trigger any other event, you will not able to see the data in next row. But if any event takes place then you can see the 'Material A' by pressing space bar in next row..

Regards,

Naimesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naimesh,

Even after calling an event, the text doesn't appear when I prees space on the next line. Even after the text is saved and the program reexecuted it doesn't necessarily mean the text will appear. Could it be the way if have defined the field?

Regards,

Simon

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you have used the text field which has lowercase enabled reference field, than you will not able to see the history. Check the domain of the reference field for Lowercase checkbox tick.

As like in SE11 -> if you create one ZTABLE and give its description. It will not go to history so, you will not able to see the contain of field.

Regards,

Naimesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

A local MS access db (in your GUI work directory) is used for the historical values. As far as I know there is no random order; the last value used should appear first...

Regards,

John.