Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s.s o using windows microsoft active directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have ecc 5.0 on oracle and unix platform wherew e cant to configure sso using active directory of microsoft where person who authenticate using active directory should be able to login in sap system

can anyone please provide me detail information regarding the same

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

ecc 5.0 as abap is our sysrtem unix based and windows microsoft AD we are using so i need to connect this two for sso can anyone brief me docuement or steps for same

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

ecc 5.0 as abap

0 Kudos

Hello Team Basis,

For this, you need to look at SAP EcoHub. Once logged into SDN, click on the tab at top of screen marked "EcoHub" and search for SNC.

SNC is the interface used in SAP products to implement the SSO that you are looking for with SAP ABAP AS on UNIX and SAP GUI on workstations.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

ecc 5.0 as abap is our sysrtem unix based and windows microsoft AD we are using so i need to connect this two for sso can anyone brief me docuement or steps for same

0 Kudos

Hello again,

It is my understanding that you want to provide:

1. user logs onto windows workstation using Active Directory account.

2. user runs SAP GUI and logs onto SAP ABAP (hosted on UNIX) without needing to re-authenticate.

For this environment/requirement, there is no software available from SAP to meet your needs. Instead, you need to talk to a SAP partner, and this is why I referred you to SAP EcoHub.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos

Hi,

one option would be to use Kerberos authentication. As MSADS automatically provides kerberos tickets, you would have to use a suitable kerberos implementation for your UNIX systems, such as MIT Kerberos, but you have to be aware that this is not really supported by SAP (see SAP Note 150380).

Best regards

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

does this solution been implemeneted in india by any company can anyone provide me detail about such companies so ic an try to get information or have visit to them ..

thanks for your reply as my communication sap partner is already started

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are already communicating with SAP partners, then I suggest you ask each of them if they can provide you with contacts in India to talk to.

I look forward to hearing from you soon so that I can introduce you to some companies in India.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ,

see sap partner are only looking for sale of their own product which is not wrong if uc an provide me some details i can get brief idea regarding the same which will be helpful for me

0 Kudos

Hi again,

It is not clear to me what you are asking for, perhaps due to english translation ? Is it possible for you to try and explain what you are looking for again/differently, so somebody can help you ?

Thanks,

Tim