Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to import the IDOC into Seeburger BIC mapping designer

RameshGulipall
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can u please tell me how to import the IDOC into Seeburger BIC mapping desginer.

I have scenario My scenario is SAP GTS 7.0.....>Seeburger BIS.....>Atlas customs system for Germany

Idoc coming from SAP GTS to Seeburger BIS and then convert to EDIFACT send

to Atlas systeam.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

I do not use SAP XI but have been using Seeburger BIC for a while.

Seeburger BIC is primarily a tool to build any to any map but mainly used in EDI processes for SAP IDOC to EDIFACT (otr other formats such as X12, CSV, Tradacoms...) and vice sersa.

You may need to get siome help from Seeburger to import SAP IDOC stuructres into your BIC system and then use output EDIFACT file (also can be obtained from Seeburger) to omplete the mapping.

There is no reason to convert IDOC to XML and XML to EDIFACT (you can get this in single map)

I hope this helps.

regard

Joginder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also working on the SAP GTS integration with US Customs.

Could you please guide me to import and configure the Mapping / workflow provided by SAP.

I am SAP XI consultant and first time woking on SeeBurger BIS.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Lshriva

RameshGulipall
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)How to import IDoc: SAP GTS consultant will provide the XSD of the IDOC Structure, then you need to import into XML message in Seeburger BIC and then Export the XSD to XML messages.

Once you got XML messages structure of the IDOC(CCECUS02) then u will be import into the INHOUSE and target EDI X12(Customs Declaration message) import into ANSI.

Based on your mapping speciation you need to be generating the mapping in Seeburger BIC. After compilation of the mapping you need to be do the unit testing in Seeburger BIC mapping (U can get the test input file from the Source SAP GTS).once successfully testing in Seeburger BIC.

Now you need to configuration SAP R/3 IDOC for source SAP GTS to Seeburger BIS and you need to configure the P7/X.400 connector for the Seeburger BIS to Target US Customs System.All this configuration you need do in Seeburger Front page.

If you need any more information please let me know.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for the response. I am new in SeeBurger.Do you have any documents that can guide me?

Regards

Lshriva

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

You will be provided with generated XML structures for IDOC that you will have to use in mapping.Which needed to be imported into BIC mapping Designer.

when u have XMl file ready.You jus right click on the messages in the project and import messages by choosing the location where it resided(can be desktop). thats it will get imorted into INHOUSE category of the messages.

Thanks

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

BIC is a tool from Seeburger to transmit the XML data to EDI and EDI to XML.

Seeburger mapping programs for transferring the XML data to EDI data and EDI data to XML data, but not for the structure changing, in the IR your mapping program is same.

Receiver side you need AS2 Adapter for converting data to EDI target structure. we have many EDI versions are available, for converting the EDI to XML or vice versa AS2 gives some default mapping programs, xml to EDI or EDI to XML convertion done through this mapping programs.

Seeburger AS adapter provider provides some mapping programs(for example EDI4010 version or other), if you are using the same EDI version(4010) then you can use that mapping programs, if the version is different then we can manually generate the Seeburger X2E and E2X mappings for the corresponding version and signal(850 or 810 or ..), for this seeburger provides the mapping designer tool (BIC), there we can develope the X2E and E2X mapping programs and configure this in the Seeburger work bench.

Regards

Ramesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Ramesh,

>

> You will be provided with generated XML structures for IDOC that you will have to use in mapping.Which needed to be imported into BIC mapping Designer.

>

> when u have XMl file ready.You jus right click on the messages in the project and import messages by choosing the location where it resided(can be desktop). thats it will get imorted into INHOUSE category of the messages.

>

> Thanks

> Ramesh.

My suggestion is not to do this since accommodating a business logic into a BIC mapper is not the right design to make.

All business logic i.e EDI to an IDoc transformation should be part of your message mapping in XI.

BIC should be used just to transform the EDI to an EDI XML (or EDI inhouse XML as you rightly quoted) and vice versa.

RameshGulipall
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Thanks for your reply!

Can you please explain how to generate the XML structure for IDOC. That will be usefully to me. here there is no logic now .we need do mapping in BIC source IDOC and target is EDIFACT.

Regards,

Ramesh.

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I have no idea on how to generate structres from IDOCs.But most of the times Clients use to provide those structures.We got from SEEBUERGER directly.

Of course we can create those structures also .Jus imagine the effort is required to replicate the IDOC struture.

Thanks,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Q: how to generate the XML structure for IDOC?

-- According to our structure we have to develope the mapping programs, you already having the (receiver) structure so take that structure in xml format and use that xml file for generating the X2E mapping in the BIC tool.

For every structure we have to generate the mapping programs, suppose in the second scenario the receiver structure is different then we have to generate the X2E mapping for that structure also.

For few versions the seeburger guy already giving the X2E and E2X mappings, if we are using other than that versions then we have to generate the mapping programs using BIC tool.

Regards

Ramesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

>

> Can u please tell me how to import the IDOC into Seeburger BIC mapping desginer.

>

> I have scenario My scenario is SAP GTS 7.0.....>Seeburger BIS.....>Atlas customs system for Germany

>

> Idoc coming from SAP GTS to Seeburger BIS and then convert to EDIFACT send

> to Atlas systeam.

>

> Regards,

> Ramesh.

Note that the BIC mapping tool is not to convert an EDI to IDoc (or vice versa) but rather to convert an EDI to EDI XML format as provided by seeburger.

The EDI XML is then converted to IDoc using a mapping like graphical mapping inside XI.