cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR 5.3 Alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm attempting to configure RAR 5.3 alerts via e-mail (in the implementation that we are doing we are not employing the use of CUP) and have done the following:

1) defined administrators with the relevant e-mail address for notifications

2) scheduled alert notification for immediate run

3) applied mitigating controls/ provided a user with access to 2 conflicting t-codes - with relevant administrators

As such , i did not receive any email still. Is this to do with how the job is scheduled? or could it be to do with the fact that the CUP workflow is not involved? Kindly advise, thanks!

Rgds,

Edwin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Edwin,

Are you able to see the alerts by searching for them in RAR?

Some checkpoints for troubleshooting:

1) SMTP settings are miantained in Visual Admin

2) Alert log filename and location mentioned in configuration of RAR

3) STAT file is being generated in backend.

4) Refer SAP Notes : 1015921, 1170436 which may help you.

Hope this info helps

Harleen

SAP GRC RIG APJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks harleen,

will re-try configuring the alerts within the week as per your advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Harleen,

have actually done as per your advise. noted that the alerts triggered and scheduled are not captured in the alert monitor section of the RAR. Could this indicate that the alerts are not being recorded successfully?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edwin,

Is your email dispatcher job in CUP running fine?

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks sabita, but the email dispatcher in CUP has been scheduled and is running fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks sabita, but the email dispatcher in CUP has been scheduled and is running fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you configured SMTP server and is it pointing right port?

CUP-Configuration-Workflow-SMTP Server

What ever configuration you have done, is correct and it should trigger mails. Check if your SMTP server configuration is pointing the correct server.

Regards-Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sabitha,

basically the violations are now showing under the alert monitor, therefore i believe that is recorded. the only issue is that i'm not receiving the notificaqtion email, will look into the email configuration.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edwin,

I had the same problem, and we have it solved. (it's now being filed to SAP)

Did you define the risks in a language different than English?

If yes then check in with your user in RAR in the English language (ume -> user -> comm.lang).

Go and find your risk and you'll see that its description is missing. Fill it in. Rerun the alert generation job and get the email notification.

Whether this email notif is customizable in an ini.xml I don't know yet, but dont think so. maybe sometime in the future.

Cheers, Feri

premb
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

could you check the risk owner for that risk and the user is having the emailid?

Thanks

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes the risk owner email has been maintained.

might be due to the reason raised by sabitha, that the email detials have not been kept in the mail client. will do that as soon as possible to see if it works, thanks.

rgds,

edwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

have you manage to fix the porblem and get email?

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Edwin,

Not sure of you have done this but have you checked the alert notification buttons before scheduling the alert background jobs in RAR?

Are you receving any other email notifications?

Harleen

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edwin, did yoiu ever figure out your problem? I'm having the same..I see alerts, but haven't gotten email. I am getting other UAR/SOD emails.

Thx,

hb

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi heraleen,

my apologies on the very late reply, was caught up elsewhere.

no,to date i have not solved the problem. i am still unable to receive the mails despite the alert actually existing and the smtp settings being made in CUP.

have you since managed to resolve the problem?

thanks,

edwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edwin,

My apologies for wrong info in previous reply. RAR mails should not be dependent on CUP. Please check whether you have configured Java Mail Client -

Go to Visual Admin- Server(n) - Services-Java Mail Client-

Give your SMTP server configuration here and check if it works or not.

For User changes notification from UME- Goto User Admin screen-Notification Mails-SMTP Server.

Let me know if it works.

Regards,

Sabita