Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity overview of Individual activities

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to see the capacity overview for those activities where I have assigned work centers from the project planning board. When I am loading as histogram it is showing the critical period or span in the project.

When I am seeing the load of the work center it is showing for all other activities and I am not sure of the load distributed for some specific activity.

Can i get a report activity wise or atleast for a network what is the capacity req? what is the available capacity ? and also shortage of resources

Regards,

Suman

Edited by: Suman Misra on Apr 15, 2009 8:14 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Check workforce planning also. spro>ps>resource>workforce plan profile. there u can decide whether u are going to plan ur workforce on day basis, monthly basis, or yearly basis. I hope this would solve ur problem.

Regards

Abhishek SInha

Idhasoft

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use CM07

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

I am using CM07 to get the activity wise load. It gives an error " There are no selection for the current selection and settings"

This seems very true. Because when I am tring to open Details/Capacity per period it is showing Dates from starting from 04.2009.

My project is not within this period.

But then how to select or change the period while running CM07?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On Menu Bar-> Settings-> General

Here you can give Interval to be Evaluated , Period , etc.

Regards,

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I am trying to change the selection period from Settings---> General. In Interval to be evaluated Entry type is G. This I think is coming from the Overall Profile attached in Network Profile.

Here my start and finish date is for a span of one year.

When I am trying to change the dates i.e the span of selection it gives an error

"Only capacity requirements from 23.02.2009 to 15.12.2010 can be displayed

Message no. CY129

Diagnosis

The overall profile you have selected only permits the evaluation of capacity requirements in a specified period.

Procedure

Please select another profile."

So I created another profile from OPD0. and then trying to change the dates in CM07. Again it gives the same error.

Plz guide me in proper configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your selection profile in OPA2. ( Selection profile is maintained in Overall Profile in OPA6)

Regards,

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thanx a lot I can change the selection now. But even when I have assigned work centers and work field in activities why the requirements are shown zero.

Say there is an activity whose start and end date is 19.09.2008 and 20.10.2008.

Then why in CM07 the requirement for this month is shown zero?

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

I have defined a project where the basic dates are lying in Jan 2009. And have defined work in internal tab.

In CM07 this work or reqd capacity is displayed in 04.2009 month? Why not in January? For the period/month 01.2009 the reqmt cap is zero.

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

When I am selecting january where the basic planned dates of the activities lies and going to capacity details period. The following error msg is displayed

No capacity requirements have been found for the selected periods

Message no. CY145

Diagnosis

On the standard overview, you marked specific periods. After this, the system was supposed to display the detailed capacity list, but there were not orders with requirements in these periods.

Procedure

Please check the periods you have marked.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have u activated the capcity requirement...before scheduling...if not...go to project planning board, then edit>functions>activate cap requiremnt..then schedule...after that check the report

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

I have tried doing this but the problem still persists. If I go to the day format from settings only todays requirements are displayed.

Any other dates requirement are shown as NIL.

I have activated Capacity requirement from planning board and rescheduled.

The problem persists.