cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

integrate WebService > Endpoint Aliases

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm working with the NetWeaver04 SneakPreviewSP15. Currently i'm trying to create a callable object of type "External Service". I want to integrate a WebService. The WebService is deployed as described in the tutorial "81 Integrate a Web Service in Your Composite as an External Service*".

If i want to create this callable object, the design time wants to choose me a endpoint alias. If i click at the coose-button the message

"Endpoint aliases are not available. Contact your system administrator"

appears.

Does anyone know what i have to do to get the WebService as an callable object working?

Do i miss some configuration regarding to the WebService?

Thanks for help.

regards,

MS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manuel,

The External Service callable object type is for exposing RFC modules as callable objects.

If you want to use the external service that you have created, you should encapsulate it as an entity service, and then call the entity from an application service. The application service itself can then be exposed as a callable object.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Zornitsa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, it seemed that i missed one abstraction layer ;-).

Does anyone know how to code the acess to a WebService existing within an Entity Service from the implementation part of the application service??

Do i have to instantiate the entity service and call a method?

Or are there other possibilities?

regards,

MS

fgabor
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should import Web Service as an external service in a Composite Application Service project. After that, you might refer it from the Application Service defined within the same project.

However it will not solve your initial problem, which is related to some changes in recent builds. Previously System aliases could be defined in the Administration tab under the Guided Procedures tab. Now it doesn't seem to work...