Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change the parameter value in the configtool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Error

In the Configtool I have changed the custom value to u2018TRUEu2019 of the key u201Cume.superadmin.activatedu201D under Cluster-data -> instance -> server -> services -> com.sap.security.caore.ume.service. Now I am trying to change the value again to u2018FALSEu2019 but the value is not getting updated even after the server is restarted OS level. Please advise.

System details:

SAP: PI 7.0

DB: MS SQL 2000

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dinesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

There are a variety of reasons why this is not getting reflected :

1) When you make changes if you use an AS ABAP or LDAP directory as the data source. The default values of the UME properties assume the database of the AS Java as the data source. This requires you to reconfigure the data source before you can restart the AS Java.

2) The cluster nodes have not been restarted after the changes

3) Changes apart from global configuration have also been made elsewhere.

4)properties as described in Editing UME Properties.

Editing UME Setting:

a) Start the Config Tool by executing

\j2

ee\configtool\configtool.bat.

b) In the tree, navigate to Global server

configuration services com.sap.security.core.ume.

service.

The list of UME properties appears.

Regards

joel

Edited by: joel trinidade on Apr 15, 2009 12:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joel Trinidade,

A special thanks for your input, but still am facing some issues, let me explain in detail

After the successful Installation of PI 7.0 with MS SQL 2000 on Wndows 2003 server, due to authorizations issue I was unable to login into Visual Admin Tool and Exchange Profile with any of the users [pisuper, j2ee_admin, ..], to perform automatic post-installation. So to assign the required Roles and Authorizations to all the users, I have activated the emergency user in the Config tool, then logged onto Visual admin with SAP* and assigned required Roles & Authorizations to all the users. And with your input I have deactivate the emergency user in Config tool , and restarted the server, but even now I am unable to login into Visual Admin Tool and Exchange Profile with any users [pisuper, J2ee_admin, ..], it is throwing authorization error again.

@ all Experts:- Please advice on what and where all I should check in this case.

Regards,

Dinesh