cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

junk characters in Transaction ODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

in continuation with the query i had posted yesterday.

I am populating data from BSP application to Trasaction ODS. There is a text field which i am not populating , i am leaving it blank but later when i see in the transaction ODS table . i am getting junk characters in that.

one more problem is since it is Transaction ODS.there is no trasfer rules or update rules where i can write a routine , it is a direct update to Transaction ODS.

i found out during the debugging that function module 'RSDRI_ODSO_INSERT_RFC' is populating the junk characters so please tell me how eliminate junk characters.

helpful answers will be suitably rewarded.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sathish,

did you try setting the text field to initial in the BSP so that values do not get populated.

Also load a normal ODS from the transactional ODS and see if the reports also reflect the same junk values...

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi arun thanks for the suggestion but my problem is

1) i tried keeping the text field intial in BSP but later when function module is populating data into ODS, it is loading junk characters.

2) using normal ODS wont serve my purpose as the real time data has to be immediately available to the users. Normal ODS needs a data load.