Did you mean: 

one time customer/vendor

former_member334468
Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning

Consultants..........

i am not clarified my self about one time vendors/customers ,,,,,,,,

pls let me know how exactly came in to picture one time customer/vendor and one example for this

Thanks in advance

Regards

prabhakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One time customers/vendors are those group of customers/vendors with whom the transactions

are done on a yearly basis for bulk sale/purchase and demarkated with other group of customers/vendors with whom we do normal transaction on daily basis. This is a grouping

so that the receivable/payable, terms of payment etc can be tracked seperately to have

more clarity.

Regards,

Sadashivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Practically speaking Customers/Vendor with whom you have an one time Purchase/Sales were called One Time Customers/Vendors.

Why ?

If your regular Vendor/Customer were not able to transact with you at some point of time,you find a Vendor/Customer to whom you have a transaction only once.

So basically you dont need any details about this Customer/Vendor because your transaction is going to last for one transaction.Thats why no Master Records are maintained for this One Time Customer/Vendor(reason behind this is to save some space).

There is one more situation where You have this One Time Customer/Vendor on a regular basis that is whenever your regular Customer/Vendor fails you are going to depend on this One time Customer/Vendor.So you need to segregate the transactions of One Time Customer/Vendor.

What you can do?

You can create a Dummy Customer/Vendor for a particular region with the details like Master Record Name,Currency,Sales Office.

If a One Time Customer from that region orders goods, use the customer number master record when processing the Sales Order. You enter the address and other data that is not in the master record in the Sales Order.This is called Collective Master Record of Customers/Vendors.

Regards

Andrew

PS:I think it is lil more elaborate for a simple question.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member334468
Participant
0 Kudos

it is solved

Thanks and regards

prabhakar

deepa_khatri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakar,

One time Vendor/customer are created for short duration or you can say we have very small dealings with them.

One time vendor/customer master data contains only the necesaary information line name address and recon account.

One time Vendor/cutomer is different from normal customer /vendor when you open the line item list if vendor line items if you click on the line vendor details will come out instantly.

thanks

deepa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Prabhakar,

One Time Customers/Vendors u can post business transaction single time only, while posting any transaction at that time asking the total address of the business partners(customer/vendor)

OBD2, OBD3 in account grup only u select One-time Account option

Regards

Madhu I