cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Number of Ship-to in XD03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Currently, our system is allowing 1000 ship-to customers to be assigned to one sold-to party. I read in a [thread that there are no limits with ship-to party assignment|].

May I know how to do this?

Thanks and regards,

Olyn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Due to technical limitations (length of the field Partner counter in table KNVP is 3 digits) it is possible to assign not more than 999 ship-tos to 1 sold-to. There is no workaround for that without modifying standard SAP object.

You should consider reorganization of the partners - i.e. many sold-tos and one common payer?

Regards,

Marcin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jacqueline and Marcin.

The fact about the partner counter having a length of 3 chars seemed a pretty solid indication that 999 is the maximum number possible. I might as well request my client to re-validate the ship-to customers before going for customization.

Thanks a lot again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

To my knowledge max # which can be assigned is 999, and not aware of any way to modify this.

I ran into similar issue with an implementation -- and upon detail review of the legacy data found that overwhelming majority of the ship tos were "dead weight" and had not been used/active for years and could be excluded from migration to SAP. And from business side going forward there was no need to have that many ship tos linked to a given sold to.

If for your client there truly are that many active ship to for a given sold to, keep in mind it is not mandatory for ship to parties to be assigned to sold to masters for purpose of use at sales doc level. Good luck.