cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObjectRuntimeException: Service call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I just installed and configured ADS in NW04-Java SP20 and tested the URL http://host:portal/AdobeDocumentServices/Config. it shows the version information in the response.

When I try to run the Java-Webdynpro interactive form I am getting below messages. I also tried SDN sample project, I got the same message.

I installed ACF for NW04, it shows in the control panel, but not in the IE add-ons list.

Error Message:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObjectRuntimeException: Service call exception; nested exception is:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObject.doSoapCall(PDFObject.java:282)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObject.createPDF(PDFObject.java:224)

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObjectRuntimeException: Service call exception; nested exception is:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObject.createPDF(PDFObject.java:224)

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158)

Could you please tell me is any thing missing???

Thanks in advance,

Ramana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interactive Form worked after windows server restart. Before that PDFManipulation.exe service stopping and starting. After windows server restart PDFManipulation.exe only started once.

It looks like we need to restart the computer after ADS installation and configuration.

Thanks a lot guys.

Ramana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ihe above error is gone after I changed my j2ee port ( 50200) by in CUSTOM URL for ADS Webservices client. by default port is 50000. After this setting the connection refused problem is gone. But now I am getting below error message. I tried renaming adssap folder to adssap.old and also changed the protocol to soap for WD in the configuration adaptor (default property sheet). Still the below messages shows up. When I use non-interactive form it works well(enabled = false). But I want Iform. I also changed WS client timeout settings to 500. browser hangs out for 500 sec and after that i got the same message. any solution?

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObject.createPDF(PDFObject.java:231)

Thanks,

Ramana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

If you are on NW '04 SP11 or lower, try upgrading to a later version. SP 12 (and higher) contains a newer version of Adobe document services that renders much faster.

By default the Web service client socket timeout is set to 60. Try changing this parameter in the Visual Administrator: Server -> Services -> Web Services Container on the Settings tab.

In online scenarios with large context performance issues are seen. It may make more sense to create smaller PDFs with a stricter data selection.

Also refer to this note:

[Note 811342 - Time Out exception when rendering to Adobe document service|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap/support/notes/811342]

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,

Arafat

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please ensure that you have entered the correct hostname port + user password at the webservice client proxy at:

Web Services Security Service >> Web Service Clients >> sap.com >> tcwdpdfobject >> com.sap.tc.webdynpro.adsproxy.AdsProxy*ConfigPort_Document

Best regards,

Dezso