cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiearchy Node [Alias] - unable to assign in the referencing table!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I really understand the definition and usage of Alias created in the Hierarchy & Taxonomy.

But is there any reason that am unable to assign or use these Alias Nodes in the referencing tables.

for example: Sales representative hierarchy by Region:

USA

- TX

Agent1

- WI

Agent2

- MI

Agent3

- CA

Agent1 [Alias]

Product table am using the above hierarchy and unable to assign/use the Alias node.

thanks

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Shilpa has rightly stated that Alias can be used for searching and all. What you are looking can be achieved using Add Internal Leaf. Just right click on any node and select Add Internal Leaf, now you can use this as a value in reference table.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shilpa & jitesh,

Thanks for ur replies; but am looking for the reason why we are unable to add the Alias to reference table.

Add Internal Leaf works only with parent; If I want to create ALIAS for child , Internal Leaf wont help us.

thanks

Alexander.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Hope you must have seen the below explanation about Alias

Sometimes, you may want a group of products to appear in more than one location in the hierarchy tree, so that they can be found in various ways using drilldown search. A node alias provides just this ability, and allows products assigned to a single node to appear in two or more locations in the tree. For example, in a repository of gifts, you may have a hierarchy that lists all of the holidays, and you may want u201CChristmasu201D to be found in the tree under the node u201CChristianu201D (if navigating by religion) and the node u201CDecemberu201D (if navigating by month).

Add Internal Leaf cannot be used for Children because you can directly use child nodes in the reference table and for parents you have Add Internal Leaf option if you want to assign parent node to the reference table record.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

If I got your question correctly, then I think we cannot use alias to assign value in the refencing table.

In Hierarchy/Taxonomy: Alias allows products assigned to a single node to appear in two or more locations in the tree.

Alias can be used in searches like Drill drown search, Free Form Search, or can be found using the Find command or using keyword search on the Web.

Thanks

SR