cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documents in MetaData repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

As part of our systemdocumentation we store technical documents in HTML format with BW objects, like InfoProvider, InfoObject etc. These documents are then visible in the metaData repository. Dose anyone know if it is possible to transport these documents across the system landscape or do we have to upload the documents in every seperate system (dev, QA and PRD) again?

Many thanks

Cerillo Smeets

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using the function area Transport Connection in the Administrator Workbench, you can exchange metadata between different systems. You can find additional information under Exchanging Metadata in XMI Format.

Pls go through

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0f/8a1e5e4b63974bbc28801a2797833f/frameset.htm

Thanks

Reddy

Message was edited by: Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reddy,

Thanks for the answer, this might give me a different option. Do you have experience with this? I guess that when I import the metatadata in my QA system, only the HTML metadata repository is imported and not the physival documents assigned to an object. (or am I wrong).

Do you know if it is possible when i transport an object (e.g InfoObject) the documents assigned to that object are also transported automatically. Since the documents build the HTML metadata repository for me.

Thanks,

Cerillo

Answers (0)