cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

define new document type for purchase order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I want to create a new document type for purchase ordre with also new number range.

And within my conditions, the shopping card will be generate either document type ECPO with number range 44 or document type ZOS with number range 33.

The document type is still a purchase order.

Is it possible to do that? To assign new document type for purcharse order?

If yes, is there any Badi to put my conditions of generation of my document type?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Peggy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peggy,

what you cna do is to create several transaction types for the different transaction types. I believe you do not wnat to copy the document type PO. Each transaction type can have his own number range.

best regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

Thank you four your response. Unfortuntly, i do not want to create a new transaction type.

It is still a purchase order which could be visibled in standard transaction. The behaviour is still like standard PO, and could be visible in standard transaction PO.

I just want to create 2 types of purchases orders to identify them, so create a new number range and so a new document type for purchase order..

I have a condition to do "the shopping card will be created in this document type, and this schopping card will be created in this document type".

But standard document type is ECPO, and I don't really know if it is possible to create new document type for purchase order...

Peggy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peggy,

You can create different PO document types as a follow on documents for shopping carts by using Badi BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW and by writing the logic in the method ' FILL_PO_INTERFACE1 .

Thanks,

Koushik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peggy,

I had a typo at my last response. At SRM you have different Business documents like Shopping Carts (SC) and Purchase Orders etc. For each of this Business documents you cna define different transaction types, e.g. for SC has typically the 2 transaction types SHC and EXTR (for external requirements), they can share the same number range, but also have different ones.

Same with Purchase Order, the default transaction types are DP00, EC, ECPO etc. There you can also create a new transaction type like ZOS having a different number range. I believe what you call document type is same same what I call transaction type.

Does that help you?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

Thank you for your help.

I work with SRM 3, and Badi BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW does not exist. I have Badi BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK. But this badi is used only for PO creation in back-end system.

It is not used for PO creation in SRM.

Can I neverthless do what i want without Badi BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW ?

Regards,

Peggy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Finally, i put et_item-be_doc_type = 'ZOS' in the BBP_DOC_CHANGE BAdi in the items of shopping cards, and it works.

Thank you.

Regards,

Peggy.