cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have configured the mail adapter using Mail Package. Is there any way, to change the destination address of the email, in configuration? More specifically, i want to change a payload field, without using a design object.

Best Regards,

Pedro Pereira

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is odd.

Mail package is used when you want dynamic mail address. And in your case, after using mail package, you don't want dynamic mail address. To avoid using design objects, the only possible option could be some custom module development.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, i don't want to send any attachments, it must look like a normal email. Therefore, i want the possibility to configure the destiny without changing a design object, no one will send me an address.

Best Regards,

Pedro Pereira

Alfredo_Lagunar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

If you are using mail package, you only need to carry destination email in your process, then map it to the 'To' field.

Best Regards,

Alfredo Lagunar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alfredo,

I want a work around for that. There is also the possibility to, not use mail package, and somehow write a normal email with some fancy text, whithout sending an xml attachment.

This is the issue: Everytime someone gets bored from receiving warning emails, then someone must receive it. In production i can't change any design object ( obvious reason), and to do transports to production, there is an extensive bureaucratic process. Changing it in configuration, is the only way to do this modification asap.

Best Regards,

Pedro Pereira

Alfredo_Lagunar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

using Mail Package, the sender, receiver, and subject is filled at runtime. If you uncheck Mail Package, you can specify sender, receiver and subject as you require.

Best Regards,

Alfredo Lagunar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alfredo,

I care content either, i must have both. A content to write in email text, and a receiver for this email. Or, i can change the message, to write the content inside mail text (without the attachment), or i can change the receiver in configuration, using mail package (with mail package i can have a normal email without attachments).

I think Prateek is rigth and i must use a module. Rajesh solution sound good too, but i don't know how to change the payload yet, and if this will be for all messages sent, for this particular scenario.

Best Regards,

Pedro Pereira

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont remember where exactly the option is but there is an option to modify the payload in RWB

but this works only for workround process not for every processes.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c9/775b3b82646c3ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Go through above link for more details of that

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

You are talking about this, . I don't have enough permissions to change a payload.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

You are talking about this, [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/editingmessagePayloadin+XI]. It is usefull information, therefore it is not what i want. I found that i don't have enough permission to change a payload here 😛

Thank you for this tip, it is always good info.

Best regards,

Pedro Pereira

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved.

Best regards,

Pedro Pereira

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope you need this only for particular payload ,If yes go to RWB and chk for the option edit payload for your scenario.

Hope I replied to correct context,If not point me in your direction

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do you change a payload in RWB?

Best Regards,

Pedro Pereira