cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

effects of chaning the moving avergae price

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We want to change the moving average price suing MR21 u2013 but Iu2019m not sure how or what effects it will have to the system calculated price. can anybidy please tell me abt this.

Thanks

Anusha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The valuated inventory will change based on the change to the moving average. All goods mvmts will also be at the changed price.

Former Member
0 Kudos

are these the current and future effects ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, It will effect the current inventory adn all the future transaciton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please advise what would be the best course of action to fix the moving average price in this case and/or any other material we find of similar issue? Do we execute an MR21 transaction to change the price or otherwise?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would change the price with MR21 with the specific posting date.

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For changing MAP of a material you can use MR21, alternatively GR quantity will change the MAP (quantity * value will update MAP). When you execute MR21 - your inventory will be updated and price variance- material revaluation account will be updated (UMB in OBYC). When you run MR21, the new revaluated price will be the effective price for all transactions then after.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. find the date when the moving average price was distorted - if you check MR21 at the date before (date 0) - the value should be correct.

2. reverse all the stock movements from current date until the date 0 (for this moment the system has used the distort value of moving average price)

3. Check MB5B or MB52 for the material selection date= date0 (quantity*correct moving average price); the same quantity at selection date=current date (quantity*distorted moving average price)

4. to avoid modification in inventory management while you are changing moving average price - use MI09 and MI20 to withdrawal the stock at date0 (moving average price correct).

5. correct the moving average price at current date - MR21

6. in order to load again the stock - use MI09 and MI20 at date0.

7. check MB5B or MB52 at date0 and current date - the quantity should be the same as at point 3 and the stock value at both dates should be at correct moving average price.

8. operate all the movement reversed at point 2 - the system will use now the correct moving average price.

Two days ago I proceeded as described - was no need to correct any value in FI. If you need print screens - I can provide this also, just tell me.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl. refer below link for better understanding.

[MM Material Price Change|http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/MMIVMVAL/MMIVMVAL.pdf]

Regards,

Vikas