cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell if correlation is working...

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I currently have a simple BPM where I have 2 receive steps (both start processes) within a 2 branch fork step for a header and item file. Both receive stepsOnce branch receives the header message and the other receives the item message and there is a correlation on the material number. After the fork step I have a transformation to produce a single target message and a send step to send the data to the receiver.

I have a test where I'm sending in a single row of data for each of the source messages which should result in a successful correlation. When I go into process monitoring (transaction SWF_XI_SWI1) I see 6 workflow steps. 2 are the (Sub)workflows for each of the records in the header and item files (1 subworkflow for the record in the header file and 1 subworkflow for the record in the detail file). When I look at the graphical display of the header read it shows that it read the header record but is waiting for the item record. If I look at the graphical display of the item read it shows that it read the item record but is waiting on the header item.

For each of the 2 reads there are 2 wait steps each. It looks to me like my correlation isn't working but I don't know how to confirm this. Is there a way to look at either of the messages to determine what the value it's attempting to correlate is?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have multiple rows with material numbers, then only the first or last one would be used while correlating the values and therefore it is failing.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

Go to moni and click on PE then it will take you to "View workflow Chronicle" tab. Click on "View workflow Objects" tab. In this tab you will found the message interfaces. Under one of the message interface it will display your Integration Process name. Click on the integration process name it will take you to next window "Basic Data" tab. Move to "XML Messages" tab and click on any of the object type. In that onject type check is there you correlation elements. Now load your inputing data and execute then it will display the correlation value from you input payload.

Thanks & Regards.,

Purushotham