cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining 3 cross tabs together.......need suggestions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have three cross tab reports and each of them has around 12 formulae.

Now I want to generate one report for all the three cross tabs , so that if a user selects the parameter , it should display only that particular cross tab.

I hope my questions is clear, pls let me know if it is not.

Would appreciate quick responses.

Thanx,

Robinn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to place these 3 reports in one main report as subreports and create a parameter and suppress the subreport section based on the parameter selected.

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you mean placing 3 cross tabs in three different report footers, under one cross tab report??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes try to insert these 3 crosstab reports in three report footers(a,b,c) of one main report as sub reports.Also inthe main report you will not be having any database connection. Just create a static parameter in the main report with values 1,2,3 and if you select 1 then suppress remaing subreports other than 1st subreport.

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

But if i dont have any database connection...will it allow me to copy paste my reports in three report footers??

What do i understand is creating a new cross tab having all the formulae from all the three reports, having all the fields that were used in the 3 crosss tabs and then copying and pasting 3 cross tabs in three different report footers.

Am i wrong??

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create 3 separate crosstabs each in their own subsection and then conditionally suppress the subsections based on the parameter value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghvendra,

Your answer was very helpful to me.

Can you please give me an example on how to create a parametrr on one so that it can hide other 2.

Thanks,

Robinn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suppose you have a parameter in the main report with values 1,2,3 and 3 crosstab reports inserted in report footer a,b,c.

section a should be shown when you select the parameter 1 and b when parameter=2 and so on.

So now write the suppress condition for the RFa like this by right clicking on RFa go to section expert and click on X+2 correspond to suppress and write the condition like this

{?Parameter}<>1

same as for RFb

{?Parameter}<>2

for RFc

{?Parameter}<>3

Hope this helps!

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghvendra,

I think this will work, with this i have one more question.

What should i do so that if the user doesnot want to select any value from the parameter. What should i do to create None so that if the user does not want to select any value.

Now at this stage my parametr is prompting to me select some value and if i dont select anything it does not proceed.

Thanks

Robinn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edit the parameter and in the options click on Default value and add the value 0. Now when you run the report you can see the default value 0 selected in the parameter. Now when the user clicks on OK without selecting any value then 0 will be passed to the report and you suppress condition should be modified like this so that if the user doen't select any option then he will be able to see all 3 crosstabs

if {?Parameter}=0 then

false

else

{?Parameter}<>>1

same as for RFb

if {?Parameter}=0 then

false

else

{?Parameter}<>2

for RFc

if {?Parameter}=0 then

false

else

{?Parameter}<>3

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks lot Raghvendra for such a detalied description.

Now what do i understand from the whole discussion is,

Since I have three crosstabs and need to show in one report with parameters,

All I need to do is, create one main report, without database connection, insert 3 subreports(that i have already created) and then create 3 parameters on the main report and give those conditions for particular report footers, right??

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions and I am sure i will be able to ctreate my report now

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to create only one parameter in main report with 3 different values to suppress the section conditionally.

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, but if i create just one parameter then how will i be able to do selection with the subreport itself?

then for this do i need to create parameters on the subreport level itslef and then combine all the subreports and finally create one parameter for main report?

I m sorry for not understanding properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

The parameter which we are creating is just to suppress the unwanted crosstabs in the report based on the selected value in the parameter. If you have any other parameters for sub reports to filter that will be prompted when you rfresh the report. Do you have any parameters in each subreport? Are they same or different for each subreport?

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

The thing is I have selection criteria for each subreport which is different for every subreport(i think i should call this selection criteria as parameters).

Now when the user runs the report, i want to display the reports as per the data as selected by the user. If the user does not select any parameter which we called as None then that report should not be displayed.

So i think i should create parameter on each subreport and then one parameter on the main report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If that is the case then you will be prompted for all the parameters in 3 subreports every time when you refresh the report irrespective of the value that you are selecting in the parameter. This value is only to suppress the unwanted reports but it always prompt for all the parameters.

Regards,

Raghavendra.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

So what do you suggest me to do in this case, so that i can display the reports and display the required data for each report.

Thanks

Answers (0)