cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party sales processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario in third party sales processing.

In my scenario the vendor is a plant which is assigned to the same company code.In this case what is the transaction to despatch the material to the customer based on the PO which is created with reference to the PR which got created during sales order registration.

How should the inventory be accounted.

Can any one help.

Regards,

K.vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek

The plant is to be made as a vendor practically in SAP in t code XK01 with all necessary details and the with that vendor no process should carry on

As your plant is in the same company code you can create an proforma invoice on us so that we can bill our customer as in thirsd party item category billing relevance is F order related billing status according to invoice qty

In Intercompany STO the supplying plant is created as a vendor

The same concept applies here

Do all the settings and all the best

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Mr.Ramanathan I have done all these settings and i have created the purchase order also.But how do i deplete the stock against the puchase order is my question.

Kindly help.

Regards,

K.Vivek

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If the material is maintained or procured or produced in the plant regularly of the same company code then what is the need for third party here?

(As you are telling the vendor your plant of the same company code)

You can use intracompany STO

The third party is entirely a different process

As the material is not manufactured or procured regularly by us and and as when on when the customer order comes we rise a PR and subsequently PO in a vendor name and make the vendor supply to our customer

The stocks here will go to consumption account and not to inventory account

Doing MIGO itself is optional in third party

Going by your earlier command how do i deplete the stocks from the plant which movement type etc? are really valid qns

Hence i suggest you to go for STO and not third party

If still you want to map this in third party consult your MM colleagues

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr.Ram ,

The scenario is like this .

There are two plants Plant A and Plant B in the same company code.

There is a customer who will place the Purchase order on Plant A .But the manufacturing activity for the particular Material is carried out in plant B.Also the despatch to the customer should happen from Plant B.

The plant B will raise an invoice on plant A for the materials despatched to the customer .

This is the scenario .Assume Plant A and plant B are 2 different busness entity.

i have done the config settings .When i register the sales order the PR is getting generated in the background and i am able to cionvert it to purchase order.

Based on this purchase order the plant B needs to despatch to the customer .To despatch what is the T.code to be used.

ideally if the vendor is a third party who is not a part of your company.What he will do is based on the purchase order which we have raised , he will raise a sales order with sold to party , bill to party as our company and ship to party alone as our customer ( customer of Plant A) and despatch the material.

All inventory and accounting will happen smoothly .but what happen in my scenario.

Regards,

K.Vivek

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Based on this purchase order the plant B needs to despatch to the customer .To despatch what is the T.code to be used.

You are treating plant B as a vendor and you want to capture delivery or shipping details to the customer

Mapping this in third party is wrong according to me because in third party the delivery process is not done by us it is done by the vendor and the same is not under our control (SAP control)

The delivery is out of our control

Hence or Please note that third party schedule line category CS the item relevant for delivery is not marked in standards in VOV6

And the billing is also order related billing F (status according to invoice qty)

But your requirement is to capture the shipping process from plant B to customer of plant A

If you dont want to capture also then how you will manage the inventory of the plant B which is moving to customer under which movement type etc in SAP is a question mark?

Best way is intracompany STO

Here after the order is registered in plant A then you can move that much qty from plant B to plant A thro STO and the end sale to customer can happen thro plant A itself and plant B can rise a proforma inv to plant A if excisable

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

From whatever description you have given , i think this is a perfect scenario for intercompany sales.

In intercompany sales you create a sales order with the ordering sales organisation, but the plant the plant will be your delivering plant( which belongs to another company code) then then you create delivery & normal billing as in the standard process, the only differnce will be an intercompany billing which the delivering plant will raise against the original ordering plant.

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THIRD PARTY SALES PROCESS

GO TO VA01, ENTER THE ORDER TYPE AND SALES AREA

ENTER THE CUSTMER, PO NUMBER, ARTICLE(ITEM CAtergory as BANC) AND QTY AND CLICK ON SAVE

SERVICE ORDER IS CREATED.

GO TO VA02, SELECT THE LINE ITEM CLICK ON GOTO - ITEM-SCHEDULE LINES AND TAKE THE PURCHASE REQUISITION NUMBER

GO TO ME21N, ENTER THE PURCHASE REQUISITION NUMBER PRESS ENTER

CLICK ON CHECK AND THEN CLICK ON SAVE TO CREATE PO.

PO IS CREATED

GO TO MIGO FOR POSTING THE STOCK AGAINST PO , ENTER THE PO NUMBER AND PRESS ENTER

ENTER THE QTY IN QTY TAB, ENTER STORAGE LOC IN WHERE TAB, SELECT THE ITEM OK, AND THEN CLICK ON CHECK AND SAVE THE DOCUMENT

GR IS DONE

GO TO MIRO FOR POSTING VENDOR INVOICE ENTER THE INVOICE DATE, AMOUNT AND THE PO NUMBER

ENTER THE BASELINE DATE THEN CLICK ON SIMULATE

CLICK ON POST

VENDOR INVOICE IR HAS BEEN DONE

Then u can do Delivery and Billing

U can also Visit the sites

http://saphelp.hpage.com/

http://saphelpone.blogspot.com/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek,

"In my scenario the vendor is a plant which is assigned to the same company code."

This an STO -Intra Compnay Process, The transactions Involved are

1. STO order has to be raised - ME21N

2. Delivery Document has to be generated - VL10B

3. Picking has to be carried out - VL02N

4. MIGO

5. MIRO

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

You can use this flow

VA01 -

Sales order

VA02 ---Note PR No

ME57-----ME21N (Automatically purchase order will be created)

MIGO (Goods reciept)

VF01(Billing)

Thanks,

Swamy H P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swamy ,

The Flow is OK till ME21N .After creating the PO how do i send the materials to the customer.Since the vendor is the plant that belong to the same company code.What is the movement type or tcode to deplete the stock in the vendor(plant).

Kinldy let me know.

Regards,

K.Vivek