cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Provider SLFN ticket-Sales Org, Chan Distribution, Org Unit (sales)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working at the customizing of Service Provider. I got the configuration of many aspects already Ibase (IB52), Service Organization with BPs (PPOMA_CRM), Service Group determination (PFAC).

However when we go to create a ticket in transaction NOTIF_CREATE I got 3 error messages:

Header Data Enter a sales organization

Header Data Enter a distribution channel

Header Data Enter an organizational unit (Sales)

I went back to the PPOMA_CRM and then reviewed my organization units created there. I found in the detail that all of them has the check the sales option in the Function TAB. I go there and modify it back to Service and save the modification. Then I go out of the transaction and returned back to the PPOMA_CRM and I see that keeps returning to Sales option, no matter what I do.

I imagine that situation is the origin of the problem. But I could not find any note

Any idea???

Esteban Hartzstein

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Esteban,

the phenomenom you got is just a misinterpretation. By selecting Sales, Marketing, Service you are selecting "views". Everything you enter here will be active. It is not important which one is selected on your screen when you enter the transaction or organisation. Only what data you enter within those views is important and not which view is selected first.

Sale, Marketing and Service could also be on one tab strip in 3 different columns all together.

There iare a couple of guides which desribe how to create those organisations in PPOMA_CRM and for which you need to select the determination.

http://service.sap.com/solutionmanager -> SAP Solution Manager for Partners -> Information for Service Provider -> Information for VAR only -> Setup Documents

Unfortunately the documents do not seem to be consistent.

In "Service Desk for Partners - Technical Overview" on page 15 you will find a screen shot of the settings for SLFN (VAR Service Desk). Org.Data Profile is empty. If you remove Org.Data Profile from SLFN the system will not do any determination and your problem with header data will be solved.

Another document "Advanced Quick Configuration Guide" shows screen shots of SLFN where Org.Data Profile is set.

But I think this depends on your scenario if you need this determination or not.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

when you created the business partners, organization

did you make the change in role to "sold-to-prtry"? if yes,

did you go to the sales data area and there filled in the sales organization , sales distribution channel?

Regards

Geert