cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.D.CODE AUTHORIZATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

DEAR GURUS,

I HAVE CREATED THREE SET OF USERS Q1,Q2,Q3.

I WANT TO GIVE ONLY ACCESS TO U.D CODE FIELD IN T.CODE QA32 TO ONLY USER Q1.

PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW SHOULD I GO ABOUT THIS PROCESS WITH HELP OF THE BASIS CONSULTANT.

REGARDS

RAM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

There are more than one option to achieve this.......

Option:- 1

As per our friend has suggested, provide authorization for the transaction QA11 (and QA32 also) to the User Q1 only.

Option:- 2

Create QM Material authorization in material master, assign it to the UD Code and then authorize the user Q1 only to use that QM material authorization, This one is the most flexible way to pure restriction, because it will restrict the user for only those materials to which that QM Material authorization is assigned to.

And by using this technic the user will be able to enter, view, select the UD code but cant Save it.

Option:- 3

Go to your basis guy and ask him to use the Authorization object "Q_UD_CODE" to restrict the user's profile.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

Nice to hear from you.My Basis Consultant is busy for two days so i have not worked on this issue,i will work on it during the weekend and keep u posted.

Thanks

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shyamal,

Thanks for your valueable inputs my issue has be solved

Regards

Ram

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in addition What gajesh has said you can ask your basis person to check the different Objects under US Autherization.only assign the UD cose selected set Autherization object to Q1

& for rest of the Q2 & Q3 will get error if thet try to take UD

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit,

Thanks for your valueable inputs mu issue has been solved.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in addition What gajesh has said you can ask your basis person to check the different Objects under US Autherization.only assign the UD cose selected set Autherization object to Q1

& for rest of the Q2 & Q3 will get error if thet try to take UD

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Q2 And Q3 remove the authorisation for the transaction code QA11 (record UD)

so that UD tab will not appear in QA32 screen for Q2 and Q3

Thanks

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Client wants to give authorization of posting Inspection stock to Q2 N Q3 users but does not want give UD authorization to them.In T.code QA32 they must not have access to UD code field.

How to go about this requirement

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vinay,

Thanks for valuable inputs my issue has been solved.

Regards

Ram

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ram

You can restict using Q_UD_CODE : Using Usage Decision Codes controls the authorization of doing the UD

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Please can you give me details process for giving this authorization.

Regards

Ram