cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Files to download from SMP for MDM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI There,

I am able to see the software but wondering what files I need to downlaod?

Support Packages and Patches" SAP NetWeaver" SAP MDM" SAP NETWEAVER MDM 7.1" Entry by component" Master Data Server

MDM Installation Mastrer 7.1

MDM Server 7.1

MDM Shared Installation Content 7.1

In the above only MDM Installation Master 7.1 has the Win32 where has the remaining two does not have win32 Option. Do I need to just download MDM Installation Master 7.1 Win32 and it works fine??

Do any one has any document waht files I need to download and install?

Thanks and regards,

Rajeev.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

You need to have sapinst to install MDM 7.1. You will need 64bit OS for MDM 7.1, 5GB Ram, Disk Space 3G ..etc.

For more and detail decription of installion/configuration you can check the following link for MDM 7.1 installation guide:

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/installmdm71

For related DVD downloads from SMP :

Select Downloads from the menu bar>Downloads(in the left pane)>Installations and upgrades>Entry by application group>SAP Netweaver>SAP MDM>SAP Netweaver MDM 7.1>Installations<operating

system> <database>

Hope it helped

Thanks

SR

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Basically for installation of SAP MDM,initially you need to install the database server like oracle or sql server, followed by installation of MDMserver and finally installing the four GUIs - Console, Import Manager, Data Manager and Syndicator.

Apart from the above mentioned prerequisites, you can also install the Clix, Image Manager , Layout server, Language Selector, Workflow installables etc which are the added installables.

Link to download,

https://service.SAP.com/swdc -->Sap Sofware Distribution centre >Download->Support Packages and Patches--> Entry By Application Group --> SAP NetWeaver >SAP MDM>SAP NETWEAVER MDM 7.1--->Entry By Component

Note that the installation of MDM 7.1 is platform independent.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Edited by: Minaz Kathawala on Apr 15, 2009 5:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs which are valuable.

I am wondering is it not possible to install SAP MDM 7.1 under Windows 32 Bit??? It doesnt support win32 bit any more(Windows XP Operating system)?

Thanks

Rajeev.

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Going forward, all products will be based on 64 bit only.

While MDM 5.5 was 32 bit, MDM 7.1 can be installed on 64 bit only.

Hope this clarifies.

+ An

• This is not SAP official message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You, It clarifies!..