Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Can't upload .rpt's to CRS XI

Our company has had a staged version of Crystal Reports Server on our local network for a few months, running fine with no issues. We are trying to deploy it to a a production server but are having some issues.

When I try to upload a report to the server via InfoView, I get the following error:

Failed to read data from report file C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\tmp427.rpt. Reason: Failed to open print engine for C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\tmpreport\~cid1c5a12f45a920.rpt. Ensure that CRPE32 is installed on this computer.

For reference, two things which may be causing the error to occur on the production version, but not on the staging version:

- The staging version was installed to the default location. The production version was installed to a non-system drive (D:)

- The staging version was set up with CRS as the default website. On the production version, there are multiple websites running on the same server/IP.

Based on an [earlier post |Error installing report - Business Object XI R2] we tested and confirmed that changing IIS Application Pool to run under "Local System" instead of "Network Service" would resolve this issue, but our system administrator does not want to make this change for security reasons, and instead wants to know the minimal set of permissions that need to be assigned to Network Service to have CRS work correctly (keeping in mind the non-default location for the installation). Does anyone know where I could find this documentation?

Former Member
Former Member replied

Tested out a better solution myself. Apparently, the local Users group did not have any permissions set on the C: drive. I allowed Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, and Read access for the local Users group on the C: drive. Now, it works.

Did not find any solutions from SAP documentation on this.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question