Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regenerating security profile that is deleted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a custom security role for "role and user administration" in ECC 6.0 system which is assigned to the security team.

But the profile of this role was accidently deleted by a team member while carrying out some changes, Due to which the whole team have lost the access to change the roles and generate the profiles/user admin now.

Please can you point us how to revert the changes back and regenerate the profile.

Your pointers are quite helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If only the profile has been deleted, then you may regenerate the same in PFCG if the role still exists.

If not (role has been deleted) you may download and upload the roles from the DEV or QAS system and then generate the profile.

The above however is not recommended.

The third step would be to transport the role from dev to prod.

This however would depend on the integrity of your roles across the system landscape.

Regards,

Subbu

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If only the profile has been deleted, then you may regenerate the same in PFCG if the role still exists.

If not (role has been deleted) you may download and upload the roles from the DEV or QAS system and then generate the profile.

The above however is not recommended.

The third step would be to transport the role from dev to prod.

This however would depend on the integrity of your roles across the system landscape.

Regards,

Subbu

0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

Its only the profile that got deleted in the DEV system whereas the role still exists, but the problem here is we have lost the change access in PFCG due to which we are not able to regenerate the profile again.

And regarding your second suggestion, can we download the role from a different client say Y and upload it in this client X ? (The role still exists here, so should i delete the role before uploading ? )

And regarding transporting the role, we normally do the changes in client x and copy the transports from Client x to other clients.Now the profile got deleted in client X , so my question is can we create a local TR and transport the role from the other clients to client X ??

Please can you give me pointers on this.Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Nanda

0 Kudos

> And regarding your second suggestion, can we download the role from a different client say Y and upload it in this client X ?

Yes

>(The role still exists here, so should i delete the role before uploading ? )

That is not necessary, it will be overwritten.

0 Kudos

Thanks Subbu and Jurjen.

The issue is resolved now we have downloaded and uploaded it through SAP*

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is resolved by downloading and uploading the role from a different client through SAP*